Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Info Post
Remote controls can easily become a problem in any family room/living space, because these days, we are addicted to so many media outlets from TV, Surround Sound, DVR, DVD, Playstation, Wii... just to name a few!  The counterparts to those media systems are their "oh so handy" remotes!

Since losing remotes can happen in the blink of an eye, especially with a large family with TONS of fingers touching them daily, I try to keep my remotes centralized in one designated space, in both of our living areas.

Now, anyone who knows me at all, knows that I absolutely heart shopping for storage solutions.  I would imagine I could compare my addiction to organizing, to one's addiction to crack or heroin, although, I really wouldn't know first hand so I am just going to assume that I am right on this one.  I NEED to organize and if things are out of control or I can't find something, I get a little jittery, just saying....

But shopping for storage solutions for every single item in our dwelling wouldn't be so friendly on the Jones pocketbook, so many times I just go shopping within my own home, which is what I did for our remote clutter.

For our main living room, we have a nice coffee table, with a tray placed center to hold any kind of decorative display.  Whatever can be done to make the space pleasing to the eye:


The tray is super fantastic for holding the two remotes that we need for this room.  And they tuck nicely behind the tray walls, so from afar, no one would really even know they were part of the space!


And in our lower level had I had to get a little more creative, since we have more remotes to tuck away and less discreet options available.  So this is where I went digging, and had remembered that I had saved a decorative Kleenex box, because I adored the pattern so much: 


It was the perfect solution to our remote situation:


It may seem a little odd to use a Kleenex box to corral remotes, but hey, in this economy, it's time to get creative and start thinking outside of the Kleenex box!



It really is a stylish, simple, free and effective solution!  Gotta especially heart the free re-usable part!

Now it's your turn!  How do you control your remotes?  A simple basket?  A vase or bowl?  A rain boot?  Hey, anything goes here!  Time to share your creative storage solutions!


0 comments:

Post a Comment