Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, March 10, 2011

Info Post
How many of you plan a day with a friend or group of gal's to get caught up on your scrapbooking?  Although I do that every once in awhile with a couple of different fabulous friends, one gal in particular seriously amazes me each and every time we get together!

My good friend, Sarah, is an avid scrap-booker.  If scrap-booking was a business, she would be CEO.  She is incredible.  Her pages always look different and built perfectly and unique.  And I know there are many amazing scapbookers out there, but something else stands out with my friend Sarah....

She can whip through one of those amazing pages, in minutes.  Quick doesn't begin to describe her efficiency.  We get together, I finish one page, she finishes four.  Or more.  Sure, it doesn't help that my yapper doesn't stop gabbing.... but for reals, I feel like I have the hardest time picking out a layout, then putting it all together, making sure I don't forget certain embellishments and analyzing it to death!  Which is also why I sort of gave up scrapping to head the Project Life route, but that's another story!

Not her though!  Why?  Because she is ORGANIZED!  Organized and efficient!! 

So, when I went to visit her this last weekend, I had to know her secrets, and then I thought I would share with you, since I have been informed that many of you like to attack a scrapbook every once and awhile as well!

First off, she has her own space to use for her favorite hobby!  And oddly enough, more EXPEDIT shelving is keeping another individual organized!  {Ikea, you can start paying me some commission anytime!}




Her great workspace, really helps her when she is home to enjoy her time working on her books, and she has it set up to keep things right in arm's reach and easy to find, which is so important when you think about ALL the things that come with the hobby!  From glues to scissors to brads and cutting machines!  So many things!

But I just had to know, so I asked, "Can you tell me your secret to speedy pages?  What are the things you have done that have given you the most scrap-booking success?"

So here are some of her tips!

She uses a canvas bin paired with 12x12 hanging folders, to organize all of her paper!


I am pretty sure it's an ITSO bin, {which I think can also be found at Target} but I was in complete AWE that I had never thought of such a solution!

She has each file folder labeled with the type of paper she can find inside, by colors and patterns!



Her next tip was to have an inspiration binder.  Many of you may have something similar for saving organizing and decor ideas, she uses her for scrapbook page ideas and layouts!

She tabbed each section of the binder to easily find different layout ideas for different scenarios!



When she has an idea, or when she gets her photos, she pre-plans her pages by quickly drawing up a layout that she has in mind, on some scrap paper, and then tucks the pictures inside!


Of course it doesn't end there!  Many scrapbookers may purchase specific paper and embellishments for specific page ideas/events.  Plus, personal effects are collected over time as well, such as ticket stubs and special notes.  To keep these things together, yet divided by page category, she uses an expandable file!


It's the perfect solution to have paper, stickers, photos, stubs and anything else she wants to include on a page, in one divided spot!  Then, nothing she has purchased for a special purpose, get's forgotten!  So smart!

Of course, last but not least, labels!  This one seems so obvious, but once again, when a space like this comes with so many "things", labels are a dream come true!



Having a cute furry friend by your side is a nice effect as well!


So there you have it!  When she comes to visit me, she just snags her pre-planned folded in half piece of paper with some photos, along with her specific paper/embellishments set aside for that page, and she can get SO much done in the couple of hours we are together.  Even while listening to me, going on and on about life with three boys and running a fun blog!

It was SO much fun being nosy!  I want to start crashing more spaces, so I can see and touch and feel the organization in person!  And find out why they are working so well for individuals!  Anyone near me want to volunteer to let me invade your space?  You can fly me out to your home too if you really love me but are too far away {wink wink!}.  What do you think of these "Reader Raid" posts, would you like to see more?

How about today's awesomeness?  What ideas did it spark for you?  Inspiration found?  Thoughts?  What's your favorite part of her system?  What other tips and tricks do you have for an uber organized craft space?

0 comments:

Post a Comment