Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Info Post
Say that title three times fast!  I couldn't help it, such a perfect way to describe the INCREDIBLE space you are about to see!

I am so smitten with all the function that was packed into this playroom/office, to ensure the family is always together being creative and playing and bonding!  BEST THING EVER!

Samantha wrote:

Hi!
First, I adore your blog and all your great ideas! It has honestly inspired me to really organize our house & our lives. We recently redid our playroom and wanted to share it with you. It came out so much better than we could have imagined. The room is right off of our kitchen and perfect for my 3 year old and 1 year old to play in but our old storage just didn't work for us any more. We had the sellers brown walls mixed with our black furniture and it just wasn't a creative space for all the projects and playing we did. We hit up our local IKEA for the Expedit shelves and some storage solutions. We also discovered that Target's Itso line is a perfect fit for the Expedit shelves and added some great color. Now every toy has a place that is easy to get to. 
My 3 year old daughter has some higher up shelves to keep small pieces out of her little brother's hands as well as a place to build Lego creations without worrying about it being accidentally destroyed. My husband and I added a desk area and reorganized all our paper files so everything has a place and is much more calming. We were also able to incorporate a lot more family photos that are so important to us. The kids love it and it has made clean up a lot easier. I love that this room is designed to grow with our kids and can eventually turn into another TV area when the kids are older.
Here is our blogpost about our room. I wish we had better "before" pictures but we were so ready to get rid of the old room we didn't take a lot!

Here is the room that Samantha referenced as her "Before" picture:


And OMG OMG OMG!  Amazing what some love create!  {and another example of how fantastic Expedit bookshelves are for creating oodles of storage!}

"Looking in"


"New wall storage, a tv will eventually go in the space when the kids are older"




"Dress up trunk"


"Marker/crayon storage"


"Some of the boxes are still empty and I re-did our filing system too so it's super organized {bottom right}"


"Frames from Target and on clearance!"


"Our sand jar has a place now"


We still have a few more things to do---especially to the office area but it's SO much better than what it was before! Thanks so much for all your great ideas and inspiration!

My favorite part!  Let's play the what do you love most about this space game!  For me, that easel that is also doubling as art and a place for a little apron!  Seriously, pitter patter!

Um, plus, all that storage instantly takes me to a state of bliss.  She has really maximized the potential in that room to create an incredible place to play and grow!  I love envisioning them spending hours together in a central location in their home!

And I am absolutely "borrowing" that sand in a jar idea!  Pure genius!

Those that know me, also know that I am such a sucker for the Bygel rail and bucket storage solution from Ikea!  It's so fun to see others using it in their spaces!

Wow, I adore that she was also planning ahead, leaving a space for future expansion and a TV.  Knowing where she wants the room to evolve to when creating it is such a great thing!

Mega round of applause to Samantha, THANK YOU for sharing with us today!



And a button for you!



IHeart Organizing





Feel free to leave a comment for Samantha!  What's your favorite part?  Any inspiration found that you can use in your own space?


P.S.  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and un-editted.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your routine for the better is so helpful!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment