Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 7, 2011

Info Post
I may be the last one to join the Household Management Binder game, but if I am not, feel free to join along with me to get one created this month!

Actually, I know at least one other soul that hasn't done her Household Management Binder yet!  Maurika wrote:


My name is Maurika. I just found your blog a few days ago, and I love it!!  I can easily stay on it for hours!!  You have so many great ideas!!  I just had one question for you.  I was wondering if you have a Homekeeping binder or something similar?  It's basically a binder that you would keep your budget, recipes, cleaning list and etc in.  I wanted one place where I can grab one thing and it contain everything I need - grocery shopping list, cleaning list, recipes, budget and the like.  I also LOVE binders!! lol. Well, I probably wouldn't keep recipes in it, but i think you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. 
Do you have any suggestions or ideas for me for keeping these things together in one central place?
Thanks!!
Sincerely,
Maurika

I let Maurika know that I had been itching to get one of these done for quite awhile now, and I couldn't wait to make this my March challenge!

Today we are kicking off the challenge by giving you the assignment to snag some sort of binder.  Just your standard binder will do, doesn't have to be fancy pantsy!  {You can always take a standard binder and pop in decorative scrapbook paper or make a coversheet to pretty things up a bit!  I am always game for that!}  Here is one I had picked up from Target a couple of months ago, with this very project in mind.


What can I say, I am such a sucker for bright colors and fun patterns!!!


I also had some extra dividers on hand, but I am pretty sure I will need another set for this project, since I am planning on making this binder work hard for us!  Now, if only I can find a matching set!


Here are a couple of the ways that I was planning on using this binder:
  • Freezer Inventory
  • Important School/Sporting Information/Schedules
  • Movie Inventory
  • Cleaning Checklist
  • Menu Planning Ideas
  • Finances/Bill Payment Checklist
  • Product/Warranty Information
  • Important Contact Numbers
However, since we are doing this "TOGETHER", I would like to know what other categories we should touch on this month and add into the binder? {That's your queue to leave me a comment with this info...}  :)

And to help everyone out along the way, I will be creating and sharing some new "FREE" printables!  Are bells chiming?  I said F R E E my friends!  Of course, they won't be free forever, just this month, so make sure to snag them up as they are available!

So who's with me!?  Or is it just Maurika and I creating management binders on an island alone somewhere?  If you already have on of these home necessities, what are the most beneficial pieces to it?  What am I forgetting to add?


I decided a little challenge would be fun! This month we are creating a Home Management Binder!  Wanna Join in?  Take photos and blog about your awesomeness as you go!  I am hoping to do a giant, "We did it!" celebratory post where we can all link up our binder creating success stories at the end of the month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment