Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Info Post
Can I get a "Wahoo!" for June being designated Laundry Room month by yours truly?  I mean, who doesn't heart a little laundry room love?!  I actually used to despise entering our laundry room, because it was in the far dark corner in an unfinished basement and looked a little like this....


Not awful, but definitely not screaming, "Welcome, come inside and make yourself at home.  Hang out while the laundry takes a spin!"  It lacked color.  It lacked storage.  It lacked life.

So when we finished up the basement, we gave the laundry room a cheap little face lift, installing some 30 second sticky floor tiles and giving the drywall a fresh coat of blue paint:


And of course, this month I have a couple of little projects for the space up my sleeve, just to give it a little polish.

Until then, I thought I would share one of the items IHeart in the space.  It's something that sits snug above the washer, and corrals all of my laundry care detergents and soaps.


This gorgeous white lace basket, really adds so much beauty to the room, I find myself wanting to hang out in there... so much so, that I might just "accidentally" spill a cup of milk all over myself or one of my innocent kids, just to run down to the laundry room.  OK, that doesn't really happen....

And although the original purpose of the basket is for bicycles or shopping, I find it just too adorable and pretty to not be used year round!


Which is why inside, I keep things I use on a daily basis, stain remover, detergent, fabric softener, bleach, etc...


And a quick tip/trick for anyone trying to do the same thing, you may find that original packaging can be bulky, especially when you buy "in bulk".  So to make not only pouring my fabric softener and bleach completely light weight and mess free, but to also make extra room in my detergent basket, I transferred the softener and bleach to smaller, more pour friendly bottles, which are just empty floor cleaner and dishsoap bottles being reused:


Since I switched to this method, I haven't had one teeny tiny bleach spill or splatter.... which is good for my rugs and clothes!  And again, it makes everything uber convenient to keep together and grab from!

Now I would love to hear from you... anyone else transfer their laundry liquids to new containers when they get home?  How about your favorite laundry room storage accessory?  Anyone working on any laundry room organization projects or room makeovers?  {If so, send your pics my way to share on the blog!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment