Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Info Post
Earlier this week I shared that I have been doing some major studio project planning and inspiration finding.  I have been scouring Pinterest for studios and craft rooms and have been left feeling delightfully inspired.  To top off the fun, I checked my Reader Space submissions and organizing fate brought Jaime and I together....


Jaime wrote:

Hi Jen!
I wanted to share with you a special space full of cuteness and crafty inspiration.  This room was used by the previous owners as a "formal" living room...nothing about our family is formal, so out it went and in came a craft space! It is a place where I create for my Etsy shop, the kids do homework and girlfriend's come to craft.

Keeping it organized is usually easy since it is set up with so many different storage areas, that are all labeled, so there is no way not to know what goes where.  The one thing I am sure to stay on top of, as with everything else in the house, is the surface areas... especially that big island!

Also, having a lot of my supplies in clear jars and sorted by color or type makes it easy to know right where things are when I am crafting.  The pedestal dishes on the island hold all the tools and supplies that are used most.

Making it pretty was the best part!  Once I had everything where I wanted it, I started to think about decor and making it a space that I dreamed of.  I am a yard sale-thrift junkie, so a lot of what I used was re-purposed or vintage.

The main pieces in the room were built by my hubby; the island, sewing desk and shelves above it, were all his creations.  The shelves on the back wall were the cheapo white units from Target with molding and arches added to make it look like one piece.

I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I am to have this room.  Sometimes I still want to pinch myself when I see it. 

Take a peek!
Jaime
http://raisinguprubies.blogspot.com/

And peek I happily did!  Look what I found:


Do you hear the angels singing?







It is a lot to take in all at once, so many moments of amazingness happening!  Feel free to take your time and ooooh and aahhh with me...

    • The main pieces were built to fit the needs of the space {and to save some moolah!}
    • The inexpensive big box store bland bookcases were modified to look like lovely built ins!
    • Storage was well thought out and everything was taken into consideration.
    • So many items were thrifted, showing that you don't have to purchase fancy pants expensive containers to create amazing storage!
    • She used her creative talent to DIY some super swell labels!  A mix and match of different label styles gives her space and storage more character.
    • Crafting comes with so many supplies and items, using vertical space through shelving is a huge win!
    • It is so colorful!  Who wouldn't feel inspired to get their creative craft on in this space?
    • Items being used more frequently stay out on "display".
    • Storing smaller items in clear storage containers allow you to quickly see the contents vs. digging through boxes and bins.
    • I love that she thought about her needs and storage first, making it pretty second.  It's a great reminder that so many inexpensive storage items can be dressed up with some spray paint and pretty paper!
    A special thanks to Jaime for submitting her inspiring craft room, which was perfect timing for my studio storage brainstorming needs!

    So my friends, what is your favorite moment from today's happy space?



    ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please submit your story and photos here and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment