Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Info Post
I love a good tutorial for DIY organizing storage, so when Christina popped over a project she whipped up thanks to a tutorial found in Flea Market Style magazine, I couldn't wait to share the awesomeness! 

Christina wrote:

Hi Jen!  

I have been wanting to send you a link to a wrapping paper organizer that I made a few weeks ago.  You can find the step by step tutorial here.  It really is an easy sewing project that I love!  Look how organized my wrapping paper and accessories are!  Hope you like it as much as I do!  

Have a great summer,
Christina

Here is the finished wrapping paper storage project!


How sweet is that?!  Any idea what she used to make such awesomeness?  I will give you a clue:


So stinkin' great right?!  

You can find all of the step by step sewing details over on Christina's blog here, but here are some of the highlights:

Materials Needed:

  • Kitchen stool. Keep your eyes open for one at the thrift store or yard sales. I used a stool we had but were no longer using. I actually bought it a few years ago at Walmart for about $20.
  • Fabric: To make two larger bags and two smaller bags like I did you are going to need about 2 1/2 yards of fabric or one $5 twin flat sheet from Walmart. Of course you will need more fabric depending on the size of your stool and the design of your fabric chosen.
  • 4 Casters. You can buy these at any hardware store.
  • 2 packages of bias tape or about 4 yards of homemade bias tape. (Of course you could use ribbon as well.) And really the amount needed depends on how long your want your ties to be.

Christina sewed up all the pockets and attached them to the stool:




Once the compartments were finished up and attached, the fun part comes, which is filling it up and loving the end result!





It's times like this when I just gasp at the fact that anything really can function as anything you wish it to be with a little imagination, creativity and determination.  Who would have thought a simple stool could double as wrapping paper storage?

  • Christina found a tutorial in a magazine and wasn't afraid to tackle the project on her own.  Check out the end results!  
  • The entire project only took about two hours and was far less expensive than a typical store bought wrapping paper cart.
  • I love when sewing equals storage.  I. Must. Learn. To. Sew.  I would be making storage pockets and pouches left and right.  So awesome!
  • The outcome of the project is quite compact when you take a look at the number of items and supplies being stored.
  • I love the casters added to allow for quick and easy mobility!

Lets chat about the endless possibilities of modified storage.  What is something you turned into storage, that wasn't originally intended to be?  Any other creative solutions for wrangling all those wrapping supplies?


ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please submit your story and photos here and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment