Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, September 1, 2011

Info Post
Where oh where have I been today?

Well, if you saw the title, it was a day of firsts for the Jones family.  More specifically, the first day of school!


Today I get to blog real time.  Like, so real time that I JUST sent Parker off on the bus about 27 minutes ago, and my big elephant tears are finally starting to dry up enough to type...

Yesterday we started off by packing up all of the kid's backpacks with all of their school supplies.  What does this look like when there are three kids going to school?  Some may already know, but for those who don't, it looked like this:


We ran down each of their lists, used a Sharpie and labeled each item, tossed it into their backpacks, and went to their school's open house to unload it all!  Here is a special "Hello" to the mom's I ran into yesterday who read the blog! 

This is Preston's first year with a locker, since my oldest is now off to Middle School!  Oh sigh....


I can't wait to help him pimp that space out!  Seriously, I see a trip to the Container Store in the near future for all sorts of shelving, bins and caddies..... It is my job to be somewhat embarrassing right?

Next we went to the elementary school to Peyton's second grade class where we got to meet his teacher and unload his goodies into his desk:


As you can see, someone is missing a front tooth.  This is very recent news.  Just in time for the first day of school!

And last but certainly not least, off to the 4K classroom where Parker would have his very first school experience!


How cool is it that he got to craft during open house?  Loved that!

Last night we were grateful for our newly implemented bedtime routine and lunch bin, along with our old clothing plan routine as well.  All of those steps kept the morning running as smoothly as possible...

All of our routines will start shifting and changing now that school is back in session.  This morning, Parker slept in a bit while the other two went off to school first.

And I was so excited to have recently found this site that offered free portrait printables, so I made sure to snap this year's first day of school pictures with a cute sign in hand!!



This was a breeze for them.  They are pros at school mornings and running off to the bus.  The only difference is this year, they are heading off on separate buses, but that didn't seem to affect them nearly as much as "mama sap".....

Once they were off, I went in to wake my little sleeping bug, and we had breakfast together, gave him a tubbie, got dressed, read a story and watched some cartoons...  I even got to have lunch with him; I just love the conversations we have!


Then it was time.  Time for him to be ready and watch for the bus... his very first ride on the bus for his very first day of school.  Who knew it would be so hard?  And of course, I had to hold it together so he would be excited.  Who knew that would be so hard?


We snapped smiley happy pictures... all the way up until the bus pulled up!


He was so excited!

That's when the bus did pull up.  And then it was a different story.  Oh boy. 

"Mama, carry me on the bus please."  So I did.

I tried to set him down into the seat, but it seemed as though he was stuck to me...

The bus driver was looking at her watch.... schedule to keep you know...

Big sad eyes gazing up at me.  Tears forming.  A look of intense fear.  "OK mom, he will be just fine, first day is always the hardest" I hear the bus driver say.

I gave him a hug and kiss and assured him it would all be OK, he gave me a smidge of a believing smile and off he went.

Ugh.  What words do I have for that moment?  How many other mom's have been there?  Had to go through that?  I promise you, the next three hours can't go fast enough until that bus pulls back up and he comes running off of it into my arms!!  I know he will be OK.  I know the others were always OK.

And to top it, it's the first time they have all left me.  I am empty nesting already.  I can't imagine what it will be like when college days roll around!

I will be back later with an update when they arrive home.  I am sure it will be a thumbs up report! 

So who has kidlets starting school today as well?  How have your morning routines been going?  Who wants a morning routine printable to go along with the bedtime routine?  How can I say no to my favorite blog peeps?  Feel free to leave a comment with items you would like to see included on the morning routine printable, I can't accommodate them all, but will do my best to make it universal!

Only 2 hours and 47 minutes left.  Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment