Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, September 15, 2011

Info Post
So for those who are trying to get to know me a little better, and how I tick, this post is exactly for you....

I am slightly impatient.  I love the feeling of getting a project done, and always SUPER motivated to get it done like yesterday.  Before I had found that "perfect" fabric for the new pin board in my office, I had ordered a couple of other options from fabric.com.  The nice thing about ordering from them, is they offer free returns, so if something doesn't work out once you receive it, you have the option to send it back.

Those fabrics hadn't even arrived yet when I found the shower curtain.  I saw the shower curtain, and I knew.  That was THE ONE!  And don't get me wrong, I heart it like crazy!


I love that it's subtle enough to blend in with the rest of the future decor in our lower level.  I love how it works with any color I put near it, like yellows, pinks, oranges and greens.  It. Is. Perfect.

But then those other fabric options arrived.... oh man, the yellow suzani print, was also perfect!


I really can't begin to express the instant love I had for this fabric.  I started to question the choice I had made.  Did I act too impulsively?

Then I glanced at the pin board again.  Nope, love it.  And no way would I be changing it.

Hmmmmm.......

Ok, laundry room needs some art.  Let's make some functioning art.

I had a jumbo embroidery hoop that you can get at craft stores for about $6.  It was originally going to be my pin board in my new office until I stumbled across the oh too perfect frame.  I was actually going to return the hoop but now I was glad I hadn't gotten to it yet.  I had to make a choice.  Return the hoop and the new fabric, or combine my love for both and put them into the laundry room.  The second option won.  I also knew that I could combine the leftover fabric from this project, along with the leftover shower curtain fabric from the pin board project, and send them to my blog bff Amanda to make some pillow covers for me {because she is AMAZING}.  Win win win.

So I cut the fabric down to the approximate size of the embroidery hoop.


Stretched it inside the hoop:


Trimmed the excess fabric and hot glued the edges down to the inside of the hoop:


And it was done in about 5 minutes!


I popped it up in the laundry room, so I could see it through the door while I work!



Super cute.  Gives the two spaces a more finished and fresh feeling.  So much more so than the pictures can give.  I promise, it makes my heart pitter patter and that's all that matters when I am stuck in the dungeon doing things like laundry and working.

But what I really love is that it can also function.  I am thinking it will be the perfect place for me to pin up the extra buttons that we receive with our clothes.  So we can always find them!



Something like this...


Anyone know where I can find those little bags?

There you go, got to learn something new about me today.  Maybe a couple of things if you really want to evaluate this post.  I am impatient and fly by the seat of my pants.  I am crrraaazzaay!

Anyone use a pin board in their laundry room?  And if so, can you elaborate for me what you love about it and how you use it?  Anyone else have a similar story of impulse with a happy ending?

0 comments:

Post a Comment