Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, September 1, 2011

Info Post
The verdict is that the afternoon couldn't have gone longer.  The minutes couldn't have gone slower.  The feeling of not knowing how they were all doing was torturous and having them all away for the first time was the oddest feeling....

Earlier I shared how our first day of school went, and thank you all for your kind comments!  Of course I knew they were going to be OK, but it's one of those unexplained feelings of "the unknown" that eats at you until... well... until you know!

Peyton's bus rolled up first.  Right on time!  And he came running up with smiles and a great note from his teacher mentioning that he had a GREAT first day! 


First sigh of relief.

We hung out and chatted about his day for the next 20 minutes until the next bus rolled up, again right on time!


When I asked Preston how his first day of middle school went, all I got was, "It was kinda boring, we didn't even learn anything new today."  Wow, not quite the answer I was expecting.  I mean seriously, it's middle school and that's all he has to say?!  Talk about making me giggle!

I knew it would only be a couple more minutes tops until my little Mr. Parker would be coming off of his bus with what I was hoping would be giant grins of happiness and joy.  But minutes passed and he still wasn't home.  More minutes.  I started calling people.  Getting worried.  I had a feeling that it was just first day adjusting, but when he left the way he did, that 15 minutes of extra waiting felt like hours.  The boys and I were stalking the end of the driveway...



Then, the roar of his bus!  Wahoo!  Finally!!

And?  Guess what?



He was JUST fine!


Of course I had all sorts of questions for him all about his day and how the bus ride went and everything in-between.  He said he didn't want to get off of the bus at school, but he finally did and ended up having a really fun day.  And when I asked if he would feel good about getting on the bus next time, I got a, "maybe".

Thanks all for following along with us during our day of firsts!  We are excited for all of the fun that the new school year will bring!





0 comments:

Post a Comment