Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, September 8, 2011

Info Post
I couldn't wait, I had to do it right away!  And since I try to keep this blog as real time as possible, I am popping in with a quick update to the lovely picture frame I scored!

If you recall, earlier this week I showed you this beauty:


I mentioned my plans for it, which included removing the glass and adding cork and fabric to create my future studio pin board!  I seriously couldn't wait to spray it.  It instantly moved to the very top of my project to do list, because I knew there was so much potential in this great $10 find!

So I started by removing all of the hanging hardware off of the back and pulling out the staples that were holding the cardboard backing in place:




Then, I placed it on a drop cloth covered by two plastic trash bags that I cut and spread open:


Before I started spraying, I gave the frame a quick wipe down just to make sure that it was free of dust:



For this project I decided to try out Rustoleum's Paint and Primer in one, in Satin White. 


I am usually such a fan of any paint and primer combo paint for walls and other projects, so I figured that it must be just as fantastic in a spray can.  A little bit more expensive than just plain white, but I figured it would give me the best coverage over the dated gold frame.

I must say, it covered wonderfully.  I ended up doing three light coats to avoid any drips or clumps, and I didn't have any which really made me smile big!  Drippy spray paint is the WORST.  I let the frame dry for a couple of hours in-between each coat, and then overnight after the final coat went on, just to make sure that it was cured before moving it.



I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Spray paint is SO easy and quick and it really allowed me to get into all of the nooks of the frame vs messing with a paint brush!



So what about the dresser?  Here is where the final tally ended after all of your emails, comments, facebook messages, text messages and even a couple of drop ins....


Seeing how close the yellow/white numbers came in made my brain feel better about not being able to sort it out on my own.  Such a close finish!  Thank you to all who voted!!



And a button for you:

I can't wait to see what you share!  And those that aren't linking up, tell me about your recent spray painting experience!  What's your favorite spray paint transformation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment