Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, September 19, 2011

Info Post
If you followed me on Twitter and Facebook, you may have seen that on Friday, the Mr. and I took a road trip to Shakopee, MN, so that I could visit the annual Junk Bonanza!


So what is Junk Bonanza?  Well, the website would describe it as follows:

"The Bonanza hosts more than 130 juried "junk" vendors of vintage finds, beautiful antiques, one-of-a-kind and artisan-repurposed pieces. The 2010 gathering included more than 10,000 visitors who found their special treasure at the three-day, indoor, event."

I have an easier description:


and


That's right.  Junk galore.  But it was beautiful junk.  I wanted to bring so much junk home, I just didn't know if it would all fit in the trunk.  Oh yeah, I went there.  The hubs and I were immature ones repeating the ol' "Junk in the Trunk" joke all day.  I am sure we weren't the only ones...

And because I am trying to be better about filling my home with a mixture of old and new... this was the perfect place to be!

So what did I want?  What ideas did I spy?  Why, I would love to share!


Not only did I love the old tool crate that the door hardware was snuggled in, look at that awesome door hardware!  They would look awesome lined up in a giant shadow box frame as art, or on actual doors!


All of the furniture was just GORGEOUS!  And I couldn't help but spot this pretty caddy/tray which would be fantastic on the top of a coffee table for corralling remotes in a living room!


Old blocks?  Could be pretty adorable in a nursery!


LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue glass jars.  I picture them on a patio with tea-lights in a giant grouping... Sigh...


Something about those handmade floral magnets left me gazing at their beauty.  I was so drawn to the style and the colors!


I really took note of all of the storage ideas.  Like using fun contact paper chalkboard labels combined with antique crates.  I can't wait to replicate this idea in my pantry or on the bathroom counter!


Looking back at these photos I am kicking myself for this one.  We always chat about our little "Peas" since we have a Preston, Peyton & Parker.  This oh too perfect crate had me at hello, wish I would have snagged this one up.  Totally a "Why didn't I?" moment!


I have been on the hunt for some old storage drawers such as these for awhile now, as I think they would be just wonderful for office supplies or in a kitchen.  But at a minimum of $100 a pop, I just couldn't pull the trigger this round... 


I stalked this shelf and baskets for awhile, but again, a little pricey since I think I could replicate the look for less.  But now that I have the inspiration, I just may do that!


There were antique collectables a plenty.  Seriously, anything and everything you could think of.  I loved all of the skeleton keys.  They had every flavor you could imagine.


One of my favorite items spotted all day!  That tiered storage was absolutely large and fantastic.  Talk about DIY inspiration!


The lamp shade was covered in an old vintage map.  Such a sweet idea, could be perfect in a kid's room!


Because there was so much jewelry for sale, there was also a lot of jewelry on creative display!  I really adored the look of this distressed frame with the burlap backing.  So chic!


Speaking of creative jewelry storage, what's not to love about the use of a garden rake to display necklaces and even the handheld mirror?  Wow, so smart and cute!


More fun random items.  This was pretty much the sight everywhere you turn.  Booth after booth of random stuff.  After awhile, it all started to look the same.  But I went through twice anyway because I was totally in a happy place....

So what did I come home with?


  • One absolutely amazing distressed teal stool that provides me with a giant perma-grin each time I catch it out of the corner of my eye.  I want to put it in every room in my house... where will it land?
  • One wooden letter "P" stamp.  Just to keep as a cute display piece.
  • One of those pretty blue jars.  It could go in my bath or laundry room as decorative storage.  The two rooms will have to fight it out.
  • One galvanized tin bucket which will live next to the front door and hold the kiddo's umbrellas.
Out of everything I oohed and aahhed at, that's all I came home with.  I think I had sensory overload.  Next year I will be so much more ready for some splurges now that I am more prepared, and already know what I am missing now that I am back home.  The best part though, is all of the inspiration I took in!

Do you have a shop you go and browse, just for inspirational purposes?  Did anyone spy me on Friday or visit the Junk Bonanza over the three days it was here?  What thrifty scores did you scoop up this weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment