Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, September 9, 2011

Info Post
Thank you so much for submitting ALL of your questions for the first ever IHeart Organizing video blog {a.k.a. vlog}!  I had received over 120 questions via blog comments, email and facebook, each and every one a great topic for today's video.  Of course, I am just making assumptions here, but answering 120 questions in one video may get a little long winded, so I opted for 10 randomly selected "About Me" options instead.


I filmed the video with my helpers, Peyton and Bryan, while Preston occupied Parker in another room.  I had printed out and numbered 45 "about me" questions, and using random.org Bryan randomly selected 9 of those questions for me to answer on the spot, all while Peyton was running the Flip video cam.  The last question was such a popular one, that I threw it in there just for that reason...

So without letting myself over think about the insane number of views this video could get {6 total if you count my husband, my bff, my mom and my three daily readers}, here is the VERY FIRST EVER IHEART ORGANIZING VLOG! {seriously YouTube, could you have picked a slightly less crabby looking first impression picture to display for my video?  Geeze!}




First, let me just put it out there and say, a video blog is so not easy!  Wow.  For anyone that is awesome at it, I commend you.  I seriously will bow down to you and kiss your hopefully very clean feet, because you have an incredible gift.  For those of you that do not understand, I say give it a try once and then try watching your videos back without critiquing them to pieces.  I'm not gonna lie when I say that for me, it was the most awkward experience trying to have a one sided conversation with a camera.  And then trying not to look awkward while doing it only makes me more awkward....  I also decided that I want to change the blog name from IHeart Organizing to WeHeart Organizing, so my husband can be on the video also, because he makes me laugh and helps my personality shine.  Alone... not so much...

However, even if you think today's video is mediocre at best, I am planning on doing another.  And then another.  Because I think that I need help growing in this area and the only way to grow is to keep throwing myself out there.  And even if that means that only my mom stops by to watch my strange videos, that's OK with me!

For those of you who don't have sound or are at work and can't watch the video, to summarize for you:
  1. My favorite project completed since starting the blog is my closet office.
  2. I finally shared my true age, which is 30, my husband is almost 32 and my kids are Preston 10, Peyton 7 and Parker 4.  We were babies getting married at the ages of 19 and 21 and just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary this past July!
  3. We are done having kidlets since we are so blessed already with three happy and healthy boys.
  4. I am sometimes as excitable in person as I am in my writing, like when I am with my close friends and family.  Which I guess means I consider you all close friends and family too!  When I am doing my first vlog, not so excitable...
  5. I do re-organize some of the same spaces over and over as the needs of our family and lives change.  Or, if I just completely biff it the first time...
  6. I would love to visit Johnny Depp and Scarlett Johansson to help them organize their homes.  I am waiting eagerly by the phone for their calls...
  7. My husband and I met through good friends of ours that met online.
  8. It never bothers me at all if someone were to "copy" one of my ideas or something I have done.  I actually encourage it!
  9. I am sorry to make you all sad and reveal that I do not have a "Monica" closet anywhere.
  10. And last but not least, my major life changing up until now top secret news reveal... I am no longer doing daycare and blogging; I have been blessed to move forward with solely blogging and running my Etsy shop and following my dreams!  Coolest.  Thing.  Ever.
To try and explain to you how I feel about posting my first video... the only way I can put it is that I feel like I am standing in the middle of town, naked.  Yep, no need to picture that, just saying... it's like a whole new world of no turning back.  Your previous notions of me have all been changed now which is such a scary and strange feeling...

That said, I meant what I said in the video.  I am beyond grateful for you and your daily support and for helping make this dream of mine come true {enough with the cheese already right?}.  But really, every time you share the blog, or leave a comment or order a printable, I feel endless gratitude and my heart smiles.

So about those other 110 questions...

I have a ton of new blog post topic ideas, like tips and tricks for organizing a small bathroom, a floor plan of our home with measurements along with a full resource list of all of the items in our abode as well.  Everything I can share about my blogging process from getting started to editing pictures to posting to everything in-between.  And more about my daily routine {when I get settled into my new one} and my updated cleaning regimen.

I also have a plethora of ideas for "You Asked, IHeart Answering" posts, which I will be taking more of your questions and even personal dilemma's to address in either a written post or maybe even in an upcoming video!  So stay tuned for that!

So I gotta know, am I way different "in person" than you would have thought from reading each day?  Did you learn anything new about me?  Who still doesn't know what a "Monica" closet is?  Just in case, here is the explanation...


pssst... I know I have a typo in my video.  It was bound to happen.  We can make a game of it and see if you can find it, since I can't go back and change it now unless I want to invest 2 more hours into the project... xoxo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment