Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Info Post
I made some super budget friendly thrift finds for the future studio this weekend!  I am so giddy excited I couldn't wait to show you!

This dresser was a great score on Craigslist for $40!


Aside from a small blemish on the top, it has great details and is a solid piece of furniture!  I am planning on using the dresser for mega amounts of concealed storage.  Everything from Silhouette vinyl to scrapbook supplies to printing paper!

And this giant ornate frame from Salvation Army... wait for it... $10!!!



I think I am most excited about this find.  It reminds me of the frames shown in yesterday's Labor Day organizing post from Ballard Designs, but without the $300 price tag!  Yip to the yay my friends; I am feeling some greatness in my near future!

Not seeing it?  Paint aplenty will be happening very soon.  The frame is getting sprayed white and some pretty colorful fabric will be added inside for a pin board.  The dresser... that's where I need your help!  {here is a reminder of the wall color and some room progress so far}:



I was instinctively going to paint it out white.  Then, maybe spray the drawer pulls a fun color to bring in more dimension to the future space.  However, the more I thought about it, white bulletin board frame, white future desk built in, white white white....

White never fails though, it's safe and I know I would love it and be able to bring color into the space in so many other ways, like a great rug, lighting, accessories, etc... Here are a couple of inspirational white dressers to keep me on the white train:

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5}

But to push my comfort zone and do something a little CRAZY, what about yellow?!

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5}

I kind of love!  And gray blue paired with yellow?  Does it get any more fun than that?!

Then again, there is always turquoise and pink to consider too?

{1, 2}

What's a girl to do?

I need your help!  I want to get started on it this week, but I thought you could help me decide one way or the other which would be the best choice.  Because right now I am totally split 50/50 on white and yellow decision!

0 comments:

Post a Comment