Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, October 15, 2012

Info Post
Our lower level bathroom was the beneficiary of some new and fun thrifty updates!

I already shared that I snagged this fabulous stool from a local junk convention...


The style reminded me of great high end styles I have seen at One Kings Lane and West Elm... so much love!

When I purchased it for $20, I had no idea where it would land.  I knew it was versatile enough to be popped next to any chair or even in the playroom.  Then it dawned on me that it would be the perfect solution to our lower level bathroom dilemma.  We needed a stool for the boys at the bathroom sink for hand washing.  And this was the oh so perfect size!

But it was in rough shape.  And although I sort of loved that, I wanted to clean it up a bit and make it mesh well with the bathroom.


So, I decided to finally give the oh so famous Annie Sloan chalk paint a try!  It had the reputation of being able to cover on any surface and is raved about all over blog land.  I went with Paris Grey.


I started by painting the underside of the stool, which was really tedious with all of the nooks and crannies... a combination of a regular brush and craft brushes was necessary.


I noticed that the paint seemed to level really nicely.  And it was covering really well!  YAY!  So pretty!


While the stool was drying, I decided to go after my next project.

Some thrifted glass containers found at the ol' Goodwill to the tune of $1.50 total.


Not so pretty now, but a quick wash and some pearly swirled craft paint later.....


And we had fabulously fun storage for the bath!


I looked up painted glass tutorials all over Pinterest, and some said to cure the paint in the oven.  I will caution I started to do so, and I had issues with some bubbling {even at super low temps}, so, I pulled them out, touched up the paint and just let it air dry and cure for a week before popping my cotton products inside.

I think they are pretty adorable on the bathroom shelves!



And the new stool lives next to our laundry hamper...


It works wonders as it's intended purpose....


Or, as a bathtub side table for momma!



And a tray I found on clearance from Target, before going on strike, to hold my pretty soaps...


Thanks to a few thrifty finds and a little paint, both the bathroom and I are smiling nice and big!

Anyone else grinning ear to ear over some thrift store finds that are making a great impact in your rooms?  Who else loves the painted glass effect?


0 comments:

Post a Comment