Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, October 11, 2012

Info Post
So excited to have my super smart gal pal, Chelsea from two twenty-one, back to share another one of her favorite organizing tips!  Today, she is chatting about how to give your laundry a little love!



 

Hey, IHeart readers!  Today I'm sharing some laundry drying tips that have saved me time, money... and some tears.

I don't know about you, but I've been known to shrink some pieces of clothing.  I would put the clothing in the washer, get busy doing something else, and when the washer would beep I would automatically put all the clothes in the drying, forgetting about my clothes that needed to be line dried or laid flat to dry.  I knew I had to do something when my favorite cardigan met its shrunken demise.  May it rest in peace.


 

The first thing I did involved making a drying printable organizer to keep in my laundry binder.  I created two sections-- line dry and lay flat.  Then, I listed my clothing items in the appropriate columns.  That way I'm not fumbling to find the tag every time I wash one of the items.


 

The printable has helped me organize how each piece of clothing should be dried.  But I needed something else to remind me when I would wash the line dry and lay flat items so I wouldn't put these items in the dryer.  Enter the lingerie bag.

Whenever I wash a piece of clothing that requires special drying, I put it in a lingerie bag (less than $1 at Walmart).  That way, when I take the clothes from the washer and put them in the dryer, I know the clothes in the lingerie bags need to be line dried or laid flat to dry.


 
I have about ten lingerie bags, which are needed when I'm doing multiple loads of laundry on the same day.  I hang them on a hook in our laundry room.  This method keeps them organized and allows them to dry.

I cannot tell you how much this system has helped me.  Yeah, I had to spend a little money on the lingerie bags, but I've had a full return on my invest because I haven't shrunk a piece of clothing since implementing this system.

I hope you find these tips helpful in my attempt to eliminate clothing shrinkage one cardigan at a time.  You can download the drying organizer here to help in your crusade.



If you don't have a laundry binder and don't intend on making one, you can frame the laundry drying organizer, and write on the glass of the frame with a dry erase marker.

What do you think of this system?  Do you think it would help you in the prevention of clothing shrinkage?  Do you have a different system for organizing your clothing that requires special drying?


"Hey friends!  I'm Chelsea from Two Twenty One!  I'm a twenty-something living in Indiana with my husband, Brad, and our crazy mutt, Jack.  My loves are photography, travel, DIY projects, baking, wine, sarcasm and my iPhone.  The husband and I are attempting to make our home a little less cookie cutter and a lot more awesome.  My little slice of the internet, Two Twenty One, is where I share my latest home improvement projects, furniture makeovers, crafts, recipes and home & seasonal decor ideas.  I am beyond excited to join Jen and the rest of the IHeart Organizing team!"


0 comments:

Post a Comment