Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, September 24, 2010

Info Post
I am back with another "Got 15?" post, in which I assign a quick organizing challenge that can be completed in 15 minutes or less!! Today we are going to chat all about getting your nightstand/night table in tip top organized shape, inside and out!


I recently just tackled this project and it's totally doable!  And I mean doable in less than 15 spare minutes.  Wanna know how?  Ready, Set, Go!

1.  Remove.  Empty all contents from your drawer{s} and nightstand top.
2.  Assess.  What do you really need/use out of everything you removed?  What's getting love and what's not?
3.  Purge.  Ensure your nightstand isn't giving you nightmares.  Keep it simple and organized, toss outdated or unused products/items.  It's not fun to get all flustered right before bed because you can't find something.  Go to sleep smiling!
4.  Re-Assemble!  Put back all the remaining goods!  And then open and close the drawer{s} a couple hundred times, smiling at your successful accomplishment!

Here's a couple of things I personally thought of when deciding what to keep in my nightstand.


I thought all about my nightly routine.  How do I plan on spending my time in my room before I go to sleep or while I am sleeping?  I typically like to read a book or magazine, and don't really care to get back out of bed once I am nice and cozy.  So, for me, I chose to keep my facial cleansing wipes and night cream at arms reach.


I also kept some nourishing body and foot lotion near by.  This is so the hubs has no excuse to give me an oh so splendid foot-rub after a long busy day!  {wink wink - you gals all know I have to lotion and rub my own feet when they are tired, but I can dream right?}

And what's in the pink lidded bin?  I tossed in some aspirin bottles just in case I get a late night or early morning headache or body ache.


I also decided I am definitely not a fan of waking up with dry lips, so right before sleepy time and right when I awaken, I moisturize my kissers with some lip balm.


Which sits upon my current nightly reading material.

And last but not least, I corralled my night masks in a cheapo plastic basket, so they aren't just floatin' around.


So to recap.  Essential items only.
  • Facial Cleansing Wipes and Creams
  • Lotion
  • Lip Balm
  • Aspirin
  • Reading Material
  • Eye Masks
Anything more than that and I am sure it would cause nightly rummaging, which I totally don't have time for.

What we all tend to keep inside the drawers is typically the less aesthetically pleasing stuff, which is tucked away so there is no need to worry about making it "pretty".  Inside the drawers, function is all that really matters.  However, selecting what goes on top of the nightstand has a lot more impact on the overall feeling of the room.


I tried to stick with items that not only "look good to me" but what also "makes sense to me" as well.

Like my cell phone.  I do have a charging station in my living room that the hubs and I use throughout the day or on weekends, however, I am a tad phone obsessed {it really doesn't leave my side}.  I have a fear of missing out on something or an important call, so I found myself taking my phone to my bedside each night.  Why not give the phone a nice charge and a place to call home while it's there?  This charging station was a Target clearance find for under $7, and really has made my phone's life a lot happier.


And the small decorative bowl is my easy solution to corralling all of the jewels and hairbands I remove before I shut out the lights.


Of course lighting is key for my nightly reads, so I choose to have a lamp bedside.  And I chose to add a more decorative alarm clock to keep with the overall feeling I was going for in the room, vs. the standard digital style.


With some pops of color in a colorless room, in the form of some pretty pink flowers in a pretty white vase, I called the nightstand complete!


So again, when choosing what to place on display, it's simple.  Go with your heart, keep out what you cherish, but also don't overdo it or loose the things that function for you to get a good nights rest.  Keep out things like stacks of books, flowers, a water carafe or small framed photographs.

As I always overly say "Easy Peasy" or "Easy as Pie"!  Whichever way you choose to say it, it's EASY to make your nighttime routine EASY!

I dare you!  Triple dog dare you.  Take on this task and then send me pics of the results.  I would heart to see how you achieve bliss in 15 minutes or less!

Anyone else tackle their bedside table as of late?  What is one night time item you absolutely could never live without? {Keep it PG ladies!}  Any additional tips for keeping your nightstand, absolutely nightstandtasic?


0 comments:

Post a Comment