Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, November 11, 2010

Info Post
My little man Parker, is working so hard on learning how to write his name.

   

In fact, he seems to be doing really wonderful with his letter formations, it's just getting them all in the right order that is giving him some trouble....

So I thought it would be fun to make him some personalized monogram flashcards, so that he could continue to learn to recognize the letters in his name, and lay them out in the correct order.

The goal was to make them bright and colorful and easy to read, so that he would continue to be interested in using them.

I let him take a peek at some background images that I had snagged off of Google, and select his favorite patterns.


Then, using the backgrounds he picked out, I created the monograms.


Which I then printed out.


Once cut out, I wanted to give the cards some extra strength and pizazz, so I mounted them on colorful cardstock.  I purposely mis-matched the colors, to give them a more playful feeling!




The next step was to make them child proof.  Well, as much as possible anyway.  That meant that each card took a trip through the laminator.


Once through the laminator, they were cut back down to size and called complete!

Being the organizer that I am, I decided to whip up a personalized storage envelope to tuck the cards inside.


This little learning gift is all the rage with Parker and his daycare buddies!



So what do you think?  If you are interested in snagging a set for your little one, feel free to stop by my Etsy shop and check it out!

Anyone doing any fun crafting with the kiddo's lately? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment