Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, September 6, 2012

Info Post
Today I am excited to extend a warm welcome to my pal Ashli.  Ashli has a love for organizing and an eye to make it lovely, and today she is stopping over from Mini Manor Blog to share with us her genius solution for storing items in those super deep drawers. 


Hi Guys! I'm so excited to be on I Heart Organizing today! I tackled a project that has been bothering me since the day I moved into my home 2 years ago.

You see I have no room in my dining room for a sideboard.


So logically I moved all of our fancy pants dishes and serving trays into the kitchen. I had two drawers to be used as a "sideboard".

The first drawer is a wide shallow drawer perfect for napkins and small side plates.


But it was the larger second drawer that needed some work. Don't get me wrong... big deep pot drawers are great, if you're storing pots in them. But if you're storing spare dishes, there is a lot of wasted space. Since we would also need to store our fancy pants cutlery I thought about sliding cutlery trays!!!


It was really simple to do, a few supplies from home depot and about an hour of time.

1.  You'll need some trim from the molding department. This L shaped edging works really well. We just glued it on to the edges, making sure to keep it clamped overnight!



2.  Spray paint them whatever color you like. We chose Sun Yellow by Rustoleum!

3.  You'll need two boards . . . one for the front of your drawer and one for the back. Cut them to size, paint them white, and screw them to the inside of your drawer.


4.  Your newly sprayed {and hopefully dry} trays should fit right in. I can easily push them to the left or right to reach dishes below!


Everything fit in perfectly. We have room for our plates, chargers, place mats, serving spoons, napkin rings, cutlery and a couple serving platters.


And the best part is no wasted space!


Thank you so much Jen!!!


"I’m Ashli from Mini Manor Blog.  I live in Big Beautiful British Columbia with my Husband Lee and our 5 lb yorkie Max.  I have an organizers heart, I am a bin-aholic, and I’ve never met a wicker basket I didn’t love. During the summer I can be found lounging in the garden or at the gym . . . one of those was a lie. And in the last 5 years I’ve made more than 2000 cupcakes. I want to bake, eat and organize. Hand me some eggs, flour and an unorganized kitchen, that’s my idea of a great weekend, okay go ahead throw Ryan Gosling in there too."


0 comments:

Post a Comment