Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Info Post

A reader of mine runs the most adorable Etsy shop, Bugaboo Gifts, in which she offers something that she knew I would adore.  Chalkboard labels!

Yes Please!

Kelly is first and foremost, the mom to 4 little kiddos and wife to her hubs of over 11 years.  She has always enjoyed crafting, and has combined it with home DIY to make their homes {they move a lot} feel more like “them.”  She also runs a new blog called “I Really Should be Sleeping”  where she posts all of her projects and painted furniture {another passion of hers!}

She popped over a couple of chalkboard labels for me to play with.  I was in LOVE.  I can't express how much more I adore these labels than actual chalkboard paint.  Much much better.  They are so smooth, you can reuse them and move them and my chalk markers actually wipe off of them spick and span clean.  Delightful.

So where did I use the new labels?

I had some movie cases that really needed to be labeled on the front, so we could easily identify the contents.


These chalkboard labels kicked my booty into gear.  Because I thought the label itself might compete with the disk directly behind it, I started by placing a piece of decorative cardstock cut down to size, inside of the acrylic case.


Then, I just pealed the backing off of the chalkboard label and popped them right onto the fronts of the cases!  SO EASY!


Since I have a chalk phobia, I decided to use a chalk pen to write on the labels.


I erased and rewrote about twenty times since I have an aversion to my own hand writing.  I gave up...

The end result totally rocked!



I love that I know which bin is which!  And that it is all removable, changeable someday if I wish!

I know not everyone has movie cases to label, so I used the power of the internet to come up with a couple of other great things to use chalkboard labels with:


Seriously, I love how much fun organizing can be!

So you know where I am going with this right?  My girl Kelly wants to hook you up big time!


Here are the details:
  • Giveaway is for a $25 gift credit to Bugaboo Gifts Etsy Shop!
  • Giveaway is open EVERYONE!
  • Giveaway is open from Tuesday, October 18th through 9:00 p.m. central time, Monday, October 24th, and the winner will be announced right here on Tuesday, October 25th!
  • One winner will be selected using random.org.
  • Please ensure I have your blog or email address so I have a way to contact you if you win.
To enter:
  • Pop over to Bugaboo Gifts and browse around.  Come back and leave a comment on what you would use your $25 credit towards {and even elaborate on how you would use the winnings!}.  That's it!  Easy peasy!


To make it easier for everyone to enjoy some chalkboard labels, Kelly is offering everyone 10% off in her shop from now through the end of October using the code: IHO10OFF!! 


Thanks everyone and good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment