Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Info Post
You all impress me all of the time.  That's why I couldn't wait to share today's idea.  It was something I have never seen before and probably something that I never would have thought of myself.  It is so creative!

And although this specific space is tailored for little ladies, I can imagine it will spark all sorts of creative ways to store crafts and fabrics or toys for boys.

Fiona wrote:


Hi Jen, 


I have an organising solution that your followers maybe interested in. Although we live In Australia, my two daughters are in love with their American Girl dolls and all the accessories that come with them. My only problem was how to contain their clothes, their shoes and bits and pieces where they would be accessible for playing with but not all stored on the floor making it impossible to vacuum. The solution was to turn an Ikea Expedit bookshelf into an American Girl display. We have created cubbies for the clothes to hang in simply by attaching curtain rods. Adding drawers to one the cubbies to store shoes and then having all the lovely accessories shown off in their own little cubbies. My daughter loves it and takes pride in keeping it neat and tidy. Best all all the dog can no longer reach those cute little shoes!  We even used the American Girl boxes as wallpaper in the back of the shelves to add a little colour and also it was the only way my daughters would agree to letting me throw out the boxes that were accumulating.

Regards Fiona

Ready to see how Fiona scored 7,659 organizing points?




Awww, could this project be any sweeter?  What little gal wouldn't be beyond smitten with a setup like this?  I get asked about storing doll clothes all the time and due to "lack of experience in the girl department", I can only offer up fairly generic solutions.  This my friends, is beyond creative.  And if you don't want to invest in an entire Expedit, Closetmaid makes smaller cube options that could function similarly!  So SMART!

Thank you Fiona for reminding us to get creative with our storage solutions!  Also, thank you for reminding us how an Expedit is one of the most powerful organizing furniture pieces in existence. 

Totally adorable right?  Those shoes?  Oh my.  Who else is in love with an Expedit and why?  What other doll storage solutions do you have for mommies that are swimming in doll stuff?



ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and un-editted.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!  More info HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment