Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Info Post
So you may be noticing that this weekend I went on a little organizing spree.  It was therapeutic for me and I am a happier girl because of it!

I tell you all the time how much you all inspire me.  With your excitement, your stories and your projects.  Today, instead of telling you that I was inspired by last week's guest post on organizing pet supplies, I thought I would actually show you instead.

I found a clear storage box from the Container Store for $4.  I used my Silhouette to cut a piece of vinyl for the front...


I filled it with the supplies Serena recommended, and I had an instant doggie medical kit!


I am so excited that the pups now have that dedicated kit just in case.  They are members of our family after all!

But when it came time to put it away, something happened.  Oh boy, I got to thinking.  Practically.

We had been keeping some of our pet washing and medical stuff down in the lower level laundry linen closet.  But we always tend to the dogs up in our main bathroom.  Things that make you wonder... why didn't I move it sooner?  Why make life harder than it needs to be?

Not to mention, all of our family medications and first aid items were already being housed in an itty bitty linen closet in our hallway...


I needed to make room in there for the pet items.  It just made much more sense.  And it caused me to pull everything out of the closet and rethink how the whole space was being used and how I wanted it to be easier to use.

We had been keeping our medications in small tins, that were over flowing and we never knew which was which.  We never used the rolled towels in this closet, so I moved them to the bathroom where they belonged.  Same with the extra soaps and lotions.  After a couple more magical bins from Target {same ones from yesterday's bathroom post}, things were looking much better.


I printed out some labels on Avery 22817 circles.  They seemed to stick pretty well, hopefully they will hold up over time.


Medications are on the highest of shelves so no little fingers will ever be able to reach {unless they do some serious Spider Man climbing}

All of our first aid items were corralled in one single large basket.  This will be much better than grabbing three bins when it's time to deal with a boo boo.


And the new pet medical kit is tucked with the rest of their grooming supplies in another bin below.


I really love when one organizing project leads to another!  And I love this closet so much more!

Oh, and because I tend to get some questions wondering where the closet is or wanting to see the whole thing, it's in our main hallway, it's narrow and also is the home to our vacuum cleaner.


We keep our main bathroom linens in each bathroom vs. in the hallway.  Plus, knowing that medications are not as effective when stored in heated areas {such as bathrooms and near stoves in the kitchen}, it makes the most sense for us to utilize this closet for all of those goodies.

Anyone else work on a project this weekend, because of inspiration found?  Or how about an unexpected one that happily happened because of the downstream impacts of another?

0 comments:

Post a Comment