Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, March 16, 2012

Info Post
The weather in our neck of the woods is starting to feel quite springish!  It's welcomed with opened arms and we have been enjoying our week together as a family on Spring Break.

With the onset of the warm weather, I have begun dreaming of getting to work on some outdoor projects.  The garage specifically.  Sure, it's pretty organized, but each spring we need to do a quick "clean up" since we just aren't out there much in the winter, and I get to look at which systems still aren't working and begin assessing dreaming.

Above and beyond organizing this year, I am feel ambitious enough to think of finishing the floor, finishing the walls and adding trim.  Oooh la la the thought of a finished garage makes my heart race with happiness.  I think that if our garage was more of a finished extension of our home, we would be more likely to give it the love it deserves year round.  Not to mention, our home is not blessed with a mudroom or entry, so why not put one in the garage itself?  Could be a less expensive option than completely adding on somewhere!

Here are some of my dreamy ideas for our garage this year:

{ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 }
  1. I love the idea of using magnetic strips for quick tool access {no more just throwing them in random workbench piles}!
  2. We already have a peg board system, but you can bet your booty that I am going to be painting it a pretty color this year!
  3. Built in cubbies in the garage?!  I have always looked at the inside of my home for a place to put these, and have always been frustrated that I just don't have the room.  But I have a garage with an entrance to the home, that is screaming for kid cubbies to organize their sporting goods, shoes/boots, jackets and backpacks!  I honestly can't wait for this one!  One of those why didn't I think of it sooner moments!
  4. How cute are those stairs?  I love the idea of jazzing them up with paint and a welcome message!
  5. Our garage needs all of the finishing touches.  Trim, walls and floor.  It will make it feel more like an extension of our home than a dirty outdoor space. 
  6. A desktop drawer system for the workbench is a must.  We have oodles of bins, but the problem is they are stacked and require to much "work" to maintain and put things back.  Drawers are sure to solve that problem.
Sure, we still have and endless list of fun projects for the inside of our home, but this nice weather has me itching to slow those down and take advantage of being outside!  I may even paint our front door this year... here is the color I have in mind:

{source}
If you want to know more about the lovely door in this pic, you can check out This Little Nest.

Who else is dreaming of fun outdoor projects?

0 comments:

Post a Comment