Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Info Post
The days of nursery organizing are long over for me, but it is something that I know many of you have asked about.  A good setup is so important because life is already crazy enough when baby arrives, and being flustered and not being able to find things like, "right now" only can add to any stresses that come from adjusting to a whole new life.  Today's reader totally rocked her nursery.  It's seriously the happiest place on earth....


Nadia wrote:

Hi Jen!
First let me tell you that your blog is a source of endless inspiration.  I too, love organization.  

I wanted to share my baby's nursery and closet.  I've been looking for before pictures but couldn't find any.  Let's just say that the before shot was a typical closet with a single rod and shelf on top, leaving a lot of wasted space at the bottom.

When planning my baby's nursery, I knew that the closet was going to be an important part of it.  I wanted to maximize the space we had, assign a place for everything and make it look pretty.  My first step was color.  The nursery has yellow and grey walls, so I painted the whole closet the same yellow.

Now for storage.  I first was set on have an Elfa system customized to my specifications, but after seeing the price tag I reconsidered.  I did a little more research and found something similar, IKEA's Antonius system.  After checking the closet measurements and their pieces, I knew it was going to work.  My husband installed everything.  He had to cut some of the shelves to fit the closet but it all worked out.  I got a lot of baskets in different colors and sizes and, going a little further I created some closest dividers to organize my baby's clothes.  Once everything was put together I just couldn't be happier!  It turned out much better than I expected.

I also wanted to keep things organized in the changing table, so I bought these compartments, that fit {4 of them} perfectly in the drawers.

Against all odds {people telling me it'll be impossible to maintain a nursery organized with a newborn} the closet, or for that matter the nursery looks just like the pictures most of the time.  Of course, from time to time you'll see boxes of diapers at the bottom of the closet, clothes on the bed and toys all over the rug, but in 5-10 minutes I can tidy everything up.  This has been a life-saver since I really enjoy being in this room.  Even with my little one is crying...

Hope you like it!
Nadia

"Like" is absolutely and understatement!  I am getting baby fever just oohing and ahhing over the beautiful and orderly space!

Check it out!

The entire space is just warm and cozy and the colors are simply divine!



I adore the attention to detail!



My favorite part of checking out any space, is peeking behind closet doors and inside drawers!




The changing station setup is fantastic!



Simply sweet!



  • The whole things is fantastic, what's not to love?  Her attention to detail is amazing.
  • Can you see this room down the road?  Some simple changes and it's still a room that can grow with baby!
  • She painted the inside of the closet a coordinating color.  How pretty is that yellow popping through?!
  • When her dreamy Elfa system prices were too high to handle, she found a comparable option that looks equally as great, on a tighter budget.  
  • Speaking of closet, look at all of that STORAGE!  It's not just a simple rod with a shelf above it.  It has room for rows and rows of hanging, drawers, shelves for baskets, oh my!  It's amazing the storage expansion you get from a system vs. typical closet setup.
  • The baskets in the closet are a great way to reduce a lot of the visual clutter that typically comes with all of the things that come with a baby.  That's right, babies are "thing" hoarders and it's amazing the amount of gear that you will find yourself looking to store {and conceal}. 
  • She organized the clothes by size and gave herself a simple system to be able to maintain it.  Those little dividers are just fabulous!
  • The drawer dividers from IKEA were a great solution to separating many of the smaller baby items, such as socks, bibs and onesies.  The placement of those items right at the changing table will also help her in a pinch.

A special THANK YOU to Nadia {you can find her blog here} for taking a moment to write and share her {and baby's} beautifully organized nursery.

What other nursery organizing tips got you through the baby days with a giant smile?  If you could give new mamas any single super solution, what would it be?


ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!  More info HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment