Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, October 14, 2010

Info Post
So I wish I could come to you today with some insanely amazing organizational "AH HA!" moment that I had when it came to finishing up my drawer project, but really, I just went with something that's been seen around the kitchen world more times than we have seen Lindsay Lohan's mug shot.

However, when something works, why mess with a good thing?!  And everything I did was so incredibly easy peasy, yet created instant storage expansion....

Here were my kitchen counters as of this morning:


Two things have happened, and one I already had eluded to here.

Yep, you got it!  Those amazing inexpensive WHITE VASES!

Because our new utensil storage was free {just using vases we already had lingering in the home}, we decided to spend a little money on some new utensils.  That was totally a personal choice because we had so many mismatched and hand me down items that we finally decided to bite it and pay $15 for a set of matching bamboo utensils.  The old ones went into the donate box, and the new ones were corralled in their new home.  We love that the bamboo is not only a natural material, it's also heat and stain resistant, and looks good enough to be left out!

Someone PLEASE convince my hubs that we need new counter-top and backslash, he won't listen to me, thank you!

That's right, taking all of our spatulas, spoons, tongs, etc... out of our drawers, not only made the drawers super tidy and easy to find anything, it also put our cooking accessories right within arms reach of the stove, no need to ever dig again!


And for good measure, I tossed some rolled dishtowels by the sink in our other cheapo white vase.


So check utensils off of the list of items that still needed a home after the disastrous drawers got a good cleanin'.  Only thing left were those potholders.

I wasn't ever too concerned about the potholder dilemma.  In fact, it wasn't really a dilemma at all since there are a lot of ways to store pot holders, from a decorative counter-top basket to a command hook inside a cabinet door...  I however, decided to reuse some household items and create a hook system.


A simple rail {an extra I had gotten at IKEA awhile back}, along with some extra hooks from my home office projects, and I had instant potholder/dishtowel storage!


I just adore the "in arms reach" access we created for everything we need to be superstar kitchen dwellers!

Cooking has never been so easy!


Pretty simple stuff right?  It feels so good to know that all of our kitchen drawers are tidy and clutter free and that the project can be marked as COMPLETE!  Am I the last to hop on the vase utensil storage bandwagon?  What are you all using to corral your plethora of kitchen gadgets?   Anyone got any solutions on how I can talk the man into a new kitchen counter?

0 comments:

Post a Comment