Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Info Post
The fact that I have an addiction isn't a surprise to most.  Especially those that have known me for quite awhile now.  I actually believe that I have quite a few addictions, like my family, and photography, organizing and bad reality television...

But one that I seem to be REALLY obsessed with is painting.  It's true.  If there is a support group for "Painters Anonymous", then sign me up. 

I know I have said it before, but we have been told we are shrinking our home, one coat of paint at a time.  Our living room as been 5 colors since we moved in 9 years ago.  Anything that can get a quick coat of spray paint, does.  Even the dog get's a coat here and there!

So many things could attribute to the addiction, but I am quite confident it's ultimately because of the huge gratification I get when I paint something, and see the beautiful transformations that are made.  The wow of the before and afters.  The sense of accomplishment....

Which brings me here: 


Anyone notice my latest desk accessory?


Because I am so paint obsessed, it should not come as a surprise, that a few week's ago I hopped on the ol' paint swatch bandwagon. 


That's right.  Someone call the paint swatch police, because I sat at my local HD and plucked every single Behr Ultra Paint/Primer Paint Swatch that they had.....


Ever since I caught wind of the Paint/Primer idea, I have been scooping up gallons left and right.  One coat coverage is this gal's best time saving friend.  And now, I don't have to drive 30 minutes to my closest Home Depot, snag some swatches, drive another 30 minutes back home to confirm a color, drive 30 more minutes to get the paint, and drive another 30 minutes back home.  Nope, I just saved an hour of driving every time I need to paint something in mi casa, by heading to my desk and picking the perfect paint color from the comfort of my home.  WA to the HOO my friends!

And of course, when I got them home, I ensured they were all in color swatch order.


Here is my favorite part though.  Just as soon as I was secretly stashing stacks of paint swatches in my jacket and purse and everywhere in-between.... I spotted this little guy... and had to laugh a little....


Hmmm... what's inside?


Mini Paint SWATCHES!

Maybe I am the last to know?  Maybe not?  Could have saved oodles of paint swatch plucking time...

Either way, I am still ok with the boatloads of jumbo sized swatches I have stacked upon my desk, because they are great for sliding under the door trim to view color choices.  Which I have already done in a couple of places around the abode....

And the smart little pamphlet is just the perfect size to keep tucked away in my purse for when I am out and about.  All I have to do is mark the colors I already have on the walls in my home, so when I am shoppin', I can match the perfect accessory or pillow or lamp, because I will have my handy paint swatches right in arms reach!

But the real question I have for you, because I know that I am not the only paint swatch klepto out there... Is how in the heck do you store these things?!? 


Anyone have any creative storage solutions for the paint obsessed paint swatch snatcher?

0 comments:

Post a Comment