Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, February 10, 2011

Info Post
Some of you may question this as a "Step" in project photography, but I think it's actually a pretty crucial one.  Today, it's about camera storage.

Organizing and storing your camera equipment definitely is a "step", because this is how we strive to protect our equipment.  To protect the one device that can capture any moment and time, so it can be remembered and cherished for an eternity.  We invest so much in the camera itself, the least we can do is give it a place to call cozy home.

Now again, we are all in different situations.  Some cameras are a single piece, others, like DSLR's, come with attachments.  Some of us snag extra batteries and SD cords.  Some have chargers.  Some have cords for linking up to the PC.  And some of us take that pesky manual with us everywhere we go as well.  Let me tell you, I have tried it all when it comes to storing my camera.  Two things have worked for me really well.

I tend to group "like" items together in any organizing project.  And when it comes to my camera I am no different.  Before I had gotten my DSLR, I corralled all of my camera items {battery charger, camera {in pouch}, cords, cards, etc...} in a canvas bin.  I want to be very specific about the word "canvas" because I found that it offered the most protection for the belongings.  It is softer than wicker or metal or plastic... Perfect for delicate electronics.

Then my DSLR came along, and the canvas bin was working OK, however, I would transfer belongings from the canvas bin to the too small camera bag that I had gotten with the camera {too small because it didn't fit all my accessories, I had to pick and choose}.  Then, I started just taking my canvas bin with me places.  Not practical.  And probably not the best way to protect my large investment.

And that's when Santa visited.  And he had the best timing.  And resembled a lady.  Actually he looked a lot like my mom....

Now I don't mean to offend anyone reading this who has given me a gift in the past, however, my mom Santa gave me one of my most favorite gifts EVA!


This specific camera bag is from Jo Totes and was the perfect storage solution for me!

Here is why I totally heart a camera "Purse" bag:



This tote has a ton of pockets inside and out! Which means....






As you can see, it holds everything in one neat and tidy and protected place!  Because I was using my camera to take the photos, you can't see it in it's cozy nest, but it does heart it's home very much!

And just for fun, some other perks to using a bag to store equipment...




In fact, when I posted about Time Management and shared this picture, many of you asked about the "purse".  Yep, camera bag in disguise!


And that's why it was the perfect solution for this gal!


Of course I am not being paid or bribed to endorse this bag, I just heart it and thought I would share what is working for me!  But I really gotta know!  What other tips and tricks do you have when it comes to storing everything that is "photo equipment" related?  How do you store one of the most valuable investments we make?  I know some have mentioned actually making a camera "purse", has anyone done it yet?  What other bags do you heart and why?



I decided a little challenge would be fun! This month we are getting all those pictures in order!  Wanna join?  Take photos and blog about your awesomeness as you go!  I am hoping to do a giant, "We did it!" celebratory post where we can all link up our picture organizing success stories at the end of the month!

Step 1: Sort and purge those digital files!

0 comments:

Post a Comment