Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, February 28, 2011

Info Post
I shared with you last week what a little paint did to our master bedroom, it has made all the difference to that space.  It feels more complete, more inviting, more serene...  LOVE.

Because I adored the gray blue color so much, and because I still had a fair amount remaining when the project was finished up, I decided to make another update.


Yep, my oldest son's bedroom was the next victim in my painting antics.  I just quickly snagged my favorite Wooster angle paint brush and got right to work.



However, I didn't repaint his whole room.  Just the orange.  Loved it.  But it didn't mesh at all with the rest of the house.  And the room was getting a little technicolor for me.  Sooooo.... out with the orange, in with blue.  Well, blue gray that is!

Here is a look at how a little paint is making a whole heck of a lot of difference in yet another space in our casa.

Before:


After:

 
Before:






After:


Before:


After:


The color, Behr's Burnished Metal {keeping Behr's Cayman Bay on the lower level}, and it did the same thing for our son's space that it did for ours.  Brought in cohesion, serenity and a more a cleaner feeling.

And true story, but my husband didn't like it as much as before.  He liked the orange better.  I guess I can't win them all, even though personally like the gray blue better.  Totally a battle of the sexes thing!  And Preston likes his room either way {because he doesn't want to hurt his mom's feelings I am sure}, but all that matters in the end is that he is happy with it!

I still have more up my sleeve in this space, like a DIY headboard and hanging photos and some hooks and swapping out his dresser.  But it's absolutely coming together!

So I just gotta know, which do you prefer, the orange or gray blue?   Any quick weekend updates you want to share us?  Who was working on their junk drawer{s}?  Or their photo organizing?  Or just something else fun, totally not home or organizing related?  Spill the beans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment