Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, February 14, 2011

Info Post
Happy Valentines day my blog loves!  Such a cheerful day!  One of my favs, especially for the kiddos!


We always make sure to have lots of fun today, with a lot of activities, some old, some new!  This year I came across this great printable, so I cut out the hearts and strung them on our kitchen shelves!


We will spend today making treat bags, making pink play-dough, baking cookies, writing love letters and enjoying a candle lit family dinner.  Who doesn't heart a day like that!?

Since I am sure all of you gals out there will be getting some pretty bangles and bobbles {wink wink}, I thought I would share an uber easy jewelry project I whipped up this weekend!

I was at Home Depot picking up some paint and I ran across these decorative radiator grates:


The incredible thing is that they come in a variety of patterns, I instantly knew how I wanted to use one, I just had to decide which one I wanted!

Once I got home, I ran to my bedroom and snagged a white frame that had some amazing artwork in it from one of the most talented bloggers I know...


I had a new plan for the custom artwork {propped up in a pretty frame in my desk area}.  I needed that frame for my new project!

Using a snips, we cut the sheet metal down to size.


Then, just using some clear packing tape, I taped the sheet metal to the back of the frame matte.  Here is a not so glamorous shot of what the back looked like.  I just used the prongs on the frame to hold the matte in place.


That was it!  I turned it over, and hung it back on the wall and popped my dangly earrings in!!


The pattern/cutout was the perfect solution for my earrings, they hang just perfectly in their new home!



Leaving me with a piece of art that is also functional!  And my favorite part, is that now that I can see my earrings and their matches right in front of me each morning, I will be much more likely to actually wear my earrings!


Here is another before and after...

BEFORE:


AFTER:


{I guess you get a sneak peak at the paint I picked up too!  More on that later this week.}

Have you been whipping up any jewelry displays?  Any links to share to awesome jewelry projects completed or inspiration found?  Any fun valentines day traditions that you are extra excited to participate in today?  Or how about a new tradition you are hoping to start this year? 

Just so you know, on this day of hearting, IHEART YOU and wish you all the most special day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment