Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, February 12, 2011

Info Post
Sure, I am working on this month's challenge, Project Photography, but I decided to add another challenge to my plate.

I am challenging myself to inject teal into my kitchen.  There I said it.  I decided that if I put it out there, I could do a better job of holding myself accountable...

Plus, as much as I adore organizing, I also adore my home and playing with it's potential!

Our kitchen has come a long way since we moved in....

BEFORE:


AFTER: 


And as much as we love all that we have done to lighten and freshen up the space {especially painting out the cabinets}, we still have oodles on the ol' wish list.  Like new counter-tops, updated backsplash {I am dreaming of white subway tiles} and some new hardwood floors throughout.  But hey, I am a blogger and daycare mommy.  It's not like I am rolling in the home makeover dough... so sometimes it's all about working with what you have and making what you have work...

Which means, since I can't go out tomorrow and replace my uber ugly green laminate counters, I MUST find away to make them tolerable.  My new obsession with teal just might do the trick.  Here's hoping!

I decided that I am a giant fan of mixing shades of green, with teal.  And I definitely have green in my living room, and a different tone of green in my kitchen.  Teal will hopefully be my linking color, bringing more unity to the two spaces.  And giving them a fun and fresh new feeling at the same time!

I took my first step last weekend.  I switched out a green candle with a teal vase up on our kitchen shelving display!  And I luuuurve it!

 
It's crazy the difference a $7 pop of color makes to the whole display!




That one vase was my inspiration to keep going with the color infusion!

What colors are you smitten over lately?  Anyone bringing in fresh colors through accessories, to give your space a whole new feeling?  What is the easiest way to change out a color scheme for a whole new one, without breaking the bank?

0 comments:

Post a Comment