Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, April 3, 2011

Info Post
Hi Friends!

April is all about Spring.  Spring cleaning and spring purging!  I love to purge down in the spring, it always seems to bring a fresh and simple feeling to the home. 

Organizing is much more than containerizing and creating a home for everything.  In fact, getting back to organizing basics is all about living more simplified.  And you can't do that, unless your purge!

This is where things get dicey and challenging for most.  We all want to "organize", but we also have a hard time letting go.  If we don't let go, things build up, piles are formed, drawers are bursting at the seems, and then suddenly, we are spending minutes of our precious time rummaging to find things.  I don't know about you, but I really get hot and flustered and start to panic the minute I can't find something.  And the longer I look, the worse I get.  That feeling is my worst enemy, and that's why I am always quick to say goodbye to the unnecessary clutter and build up in my life.  Although it's easy for me to see the long term benefits of removing a road block, I have worked and spoken with and lived with those that have a harder time saying goodbye.  Whether it was a gift received that they are holding on to for sentimental purposes or something they may have invested in and it's too painful to part with, even though they haven't touched it in years {hubby, that's you and that 200 disc changer and original Atari sitting in our storage room}.

So this month, I am posing a challenge.  Say farewell to 30 things in 30 days.  That's just one thing per day.  And if you find a couple of things in one day, then you are caught up, or, you can get extra purging credit for going above and beyond the 30 mark.

Each week I would like to focus on a space of the home and chat about how to decide what stays and what goes.  I will be doing this with you, so I will also share the items I choose to say goodbye to, and the whys.  I will also share "how" I shed myself of that item, by choosing to donate, toss or sell it.

I am hoping to go through some of the selling process with you all as well, as I already have items picked in my brain that I am hoping to make some cash off of.  In fact, I am going to pick from the one space throughout the week, and then list the items on Thursday evening so they run through the weekend.

Here's the plan:


I hope everyone is excited and motivated to purge, simplify and maybe even make a buck or two!  Just grab three large baskets or boxes or even garbage sacks and label them {Sell, Donate, Toss} and get ready to purge purge purge!

Who's in!?  Who can testify that living simply and letting go is the way to go?  Who has a hard time saying goodbye and why?  What clutter busting tips and tricks do you have for those learning to let go?


I decided a little challenge would be fun! This month we are spending the next thirty days saying goodbye to thirty things!  Wanna Join in?  Take photos and blog about your awesomeness as you go!  I am hoping to do a giant, "We did it!" celebratory post where we can all link up our purging success stories at the end of the month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment