Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, April 22, 2011

Info Post
I am very excited about using this blog in a positive way to promote positive green living.  Am I the most eco friendly gal out there?  Nope, I have a lot of improving to do.  But I try.  I try big.  I want my kids and their kids and their kids, to have a lovely place to call home.  A place that's beautiful and green and smells good.  So we try and do our part and I also try and share the things we are doing to make a greener effort.

So how does living green play into organizing?  Well, a lot actually.  There is a lot we can do when we begin to organize our homes, to ensure we are being green at the same time.

Of course the obvious, which I have been mentioning this month as part of project purge, is to donate/sell your belongings vs. placing them in a landfill.  If you are unable to sell an item, you would be amazed at how many people wouldn't mind taking things off of your hands for FREE.  Try placing things curbside with a giant FREE sign and watch it disappear in moments, or list things on great websites, such as freecycle.org, and keep your goods from going bad.

Once you purge in a great green way, it's time to organize in a great green way.  How do you do that?  Well, reuse the common everyday already owned items, to be an organizing genius of course!

Ready for some awesome green organizing inspiration?


Pop some cork into an old frame to create a memo board!


Use an old Kleenex box for packet storage!


Use empty paint cans as in-boxes!


Use an ice cube tray to corral small jewelry pieces!


Mason jars are extremely versatile for any organizing project!



Use small dishes as drawer dividers!


Use clothes pins as memo clips!


Use berry baskets to corral toiletries!


Use a cardboard drink carrier as a utensil caddy!


Use muffin tins to organize small crafts!


Use soup cans to corral just about anything!


Use paper product rolls to corral cords!


My challenge for you today, find something in your home, and re-purpose it to organize your home!  Next week, I am going to hold a link party to share what we came up with!  Time to get creative!  I hope you all take a moment to be green and join in on the fun!  And I can't wait to see your incredible ideas for reusing common goods to organize!


0 comments:

Post a Comment