Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Info Post
Last weekend I was puruising through my local Goodwill looking for hidden goodies, and I stumbled across a picture frame that had great character {and it was only $2!!}


You can probably guess from the backdrop, that it was about to get a coat of paint!


I originally planned to place a photo of my precious little heroes inside, but then a new idea struck me...

Now we all may have our own bag of secrets, but there is definitely one secret that I have not hid, and that's my love for white vases and trays.  And I absolutely do not have enough trays.  So why not create a little tray to corral my bathroom goodies instead?  Great plan!

I just popped the frame stand off of the back...



Stuck a pretty piece of decorative scrapbook paper inside, and it became my new bathroom tray!


I am really excited about how it turned out!  It is the perfect landing pad for my hair clips and jewelry to ensure nothing goes missing... and keeps all my daily essentials at my finger tips!



And I am seriously so smitten with the pattern and detailing around the edges!  It's just lovely!



And that's one easy peasy 10 minute organizing project that I absolutely can live with!  I love how easy it was and impactful it was at the same time!  And I also adore that I can always replace the paper with a cute picture and use it as a tray somewhere else {like my nightstand?}, or hang it on the wall with a pretty ribbon.  Such a versatile piece!


So who's with me?  Anyone purchase something with one intention and then completely change it's path once you got it home?  What else are you using frames for, besides frames?  Or what other objects are your re-purposing into a tray?  Any thrift store scores for you recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment