Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, April 15, 2011

Info Post
I figured if I used the word Pinterest in the title, I might lose some of you right away, but now that you are here... please don't go anywhere!

I am sure that many of you have heard of Pinterest, it's the coolest thing since sliced bread {which apparently is pretty cool!}.  And I also know I am late on this post since Sherry over at YHL basically pulled the words out of my mouth earlier this week... but I just had to share quickly why I am left feeling so inspired by this magical new website!


I am still learning how to play the "Pinterest" game, but for the most part it's the easiest most addicting place to be in awe over endless amounts of inspiration.  And you get to keep ALL of that inspiration in one happy place on different boards within your profile.  It's magical.  Those days of saving files to your desktop or printing them for your inspiration binder are long gone... this is so much faster and easier and organized!  Yes, IHeart Pinterest for keeping our inspirations organized.

I went to the Pinterest site awhile back and requested an invite, it took a bit but once I got it, I have to say I didn't use it right away for fear that I wouldn't really use it or it would take too long to understand,  and now I feel as though I have missed out!  Each day more and more ideas and photos pop up that leave me in major DIY mode!

Sure, I use Pinterest to keep track of ideas for our home, for a future party and for pure inspiration and delight... however, you all know that I am excited about organization.... like I eat, sleep and breathe it... or something like that anyway... and I am more excited about how many incredibly organized spaces and ideas are floating around Pinterest.  Sorry Target, I found a new happy place...

Examples of photos I have pinned on Pinterest:

{source}

{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}
{source}

If you aren't feeling inspired yet... not sure what will get you there!  I know I can't wait to go find something to work on after my speedy fingers are done typing up this post.  Consider me completely checked out at this moment and planning my next attack on the home...

You also may notice that I also sourced the pictures back to their original location vs. to Pinterest.  That's because Pinterest always tags the website that you found the photo at, so that you can always head back to reference the full site/post.  Like a "bookmark" on crack!  It's fantastic!  Which means you have a new outlet to find oodles and oodles of new websites and blogs that love the same things you do.  Genius.

Ok, I am done.... I know some may be on Pinterest overload, so forgive me, but it's a topic that's as hot as that ant under my son's magnifying glass... so I couldn't ignore it!  And most of my drive to be creative when organizing around the home, has come from looking at photos like those above... we all inspire one another, there is no doubt about that!

So who's with me and hooked?  Have you found something on Pinterest that has driven you to update a space?  Who's heading over to request an invite right now?  Consider this your warning... once you join, there's no turning back!

P.S.  If you are looking for me on Pinterest... you can find me HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment