Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Info Post
How did you all do on the earth day challenge I posed last week?  Anyone take an idea and run with it?

As part of last weeks "Be Greener Campaign", I posed a challenge to find something in your home, and re-use it to organize something in your home {vs. buying something new}.

I thought it would be fun to join in on the fun.  However, I also realized it was Easter weekend and we were insanely busy so my craftiness hit a time roadblock.  But I was still up for solving a problem in the home, without leaving the home, and I hope you all were too!!

So what did I come up with?

I have always wanted to ultimately move all of my painting supply storage to our laundry room since I seem to be painting ALL of the time, and our laundry room is better suited for painting cleanup than any other area in the home.  Plus, we have great storage potential in our laundry room and our utility room where it is stored now, isn't exactly ideal.

Whenever I complete a painting project, I head to the laundry room, rinse out my paint brushes, stick them by the utility sink to dry, and then pop them in a large ziplock baggie in a bin in our storage room.  Then, back to the bin I go about three days later to pull a brush back out to get my paint on.  Sad story right?

So, I went into my clutter cabinet and grabbed, you guessed it, an empty white vase!  You know where I am going with this don't you?

After adding a little pretty paper embellishment, I tossed my paint brush supplies into the white vase, which I placed above our utility sink!




I am so excited to have my paint brushes right in arms reach each and every time I get the itch to get crafty and whip out a painting project!!


The white vase was the perfect storage solution for the brushes and my lifestyle!  And it was an uber easy and quick under 5 minute fix!  Love when that happens!





And a button for you:



IHeart Organizing




Aside from organizing greener by reusing and re-purposing, did anyone make an additional earth day resolution?  Less paper towel usage?  Green bag shopping?  Make your own cleaning solutions?  I would love to know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment