Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 28, 2011

Info Post
Ok, I am asking for forgiveness now.  To roll with me as I am going to roll with this post.  What can I say, I was feeling inspired so I thought that writing about feeling inspired was a great idea.  However, now that I sit down to type, I have no idea where this inspired driven post will take me.  And I have a feeling the word "inspired" may be overused. 

It all started with a little project.  I saw something on Pinterest that inspired me.


I thought recreating a butterfly cutout from pretty paper and popping it in a shadow box could be great.  So, I printed out a butterfly on the back of some scrapbook paper...


Then I just cut out the outline, and folded the wings out a bit to make it 3D.  And used some hot glue to affix it to some more pretty paper!


Then, I just popped it into a shadow box and placed it upon our shoe storage unit in our entry!



I just love how it all turned out.  And all because I was feeling, inspired!

And because I am a GIANT believer that our own spaces should always leaving us feeling great, I just started snapping photos of other areas in my home and life that inspire me each day...  warning, weird tangent coming...

Like my living room corner, wear I can curl up with a good book!


It takes a lot to pull me out of this space.  It makes me smile.  It makes me happy.  It's where we spend 98% of our time together as a family, playing games, snuggling, reading and laughing.  And it's where my all time favorite family photo lives {thanks Emily!!}.  This room inspires me to be the best mom and wife I can be.  Because my family is my life and these little guys are my number one daily inspiration in everything I do:


Speaking of "what I do":


My living room workspace inspires me each day that I sit down to write up posts, edit photos, whip up a style tile or create a printable.  Yep, I am right there right now.  Feeling inspired.  You may be noticing a trend, I try to add lots of color around me, color inspires me. 


In fact, lately I feel like I have a pocket full of rainbows.  My daily necessities {home management binder, tablet and daily planner}, come with me every where I go and are constantly showering me with lovely colors!


Seriously, how can I not just remain gleeful with a mixture of bright colors and patterns at my side?



OK, I realize I am sounding like a crazy person right now.  But that's what this post is about.  Sharing my inspiration with you and sounding like I am crazy.

But without the inspiration of all that color, I may not have been inclined to take a photo of a cup of markers.  And without the photo, I may have been out some free art for our future playroom! 


See how this is working? 

Ok, moving on.... this little closet office space I created awhile back and still adore like it's another one of my kidlets....


This space inspires me in other creative ways.  It inspires me to write.  To journal.  To craft.  To take a moment of peace.  It calms me.

There is something else that I don't have a photograph of, that also leaves me feeling inspired.  Can you guess?  Well, it's YOU of course!  You all give me inspiration each day.  I have said it before and I will say it again {and again and again}.  I appreciate you.  For writing.  For sharing your spaces.  For your kind words.  For your comments.  You inspire me to keep going with my blog baby and my love for being creative and organizing and sharing my stories.  You inspire me with the projects and ideas you share.  You inspire me in more ways than you know.  So THANK YOU for being one of my biggest inspirations yet....

Ok, time to end the tangent that started from finding some butterflies on Pinterest.  Don't say I didn't warn you!!

But now it's your turn.  Since blogs are an insane source of inspiration in our daily lives, I have to know, what is leaving you inspired right now?   A specific space or spaces in your home?  A person or two or ten?  How about a blog or website or book or magazine or song?  How are you ensuring you adore your surroundings?  Let's share what inspires us each day so we all can hop on that ol' inspiration bandwagon.

Total times I typed "Inspire": 21, total times I typed "Inspiration": 7, equaling a total of 28 times in this post that I felt inspired.  Now 29. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment