Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, August 25, 2011

Info Post
I mentioned recently that we are transforming an area in our renovated lower level, into a work studio for... me!!  I am SO excited to have a work space, since, well, IHeart to work and have big plans and dreams.  Yes, I am a dreamer, and need a space to fit that dream.

Since I am now blogging and working on Etsy orders in this space, it needed to be upped in the function department.  The desk needed to be filled with goodies and ORGANIZED!  My favorite part! {Sorry for the awful lighting/photos.  There is zero natural light in this area, ever.}


The cords on the floor need to be organized too, but I haven't tackled that yet... clearly.

The only item I purchased for this little organizing project was my favorite drawer organizing must have {broken record broken record broken record}, acrylic drawer organizers.  I mean, I use them in the kitchen, why wouldn't I comply in my desk space?  I will say, however, I did not spend $25, I have the online receipt to prove it, I spent $18.53.  The prices on Amazon seem to change a lot.  I think they also have all sorts of options at The Container Store and other online organizing stores as well.

Anywho... the drawers to the desk don't have a before picture, because they were empty.  So here is the after filled desk drawers:


The smaller drawer is the perfect location for me to stash away my paint decks when working on Style Tiles.


And the drawer is filled with all sorts of my favorite, everyday office supplies!


The box in the top right corner tucks away a couple of granola bars in case my tummy starts rumbling, since I am about as far away from the kitchen as I can be.  So there is an office tip for you, it's OK to put some munchies in your workspace.  I said so.  Just make sure they are concealed so potential rodents and/or kidlets don't get to them first.

I already had the ceramic egg crate to organize my itty bitties, I just moved it down from our closet office to my new space and it fit perfectly in the drawer.  There are even push pins in there, I guess that means I need something to push those pins into, I will get right on that.


And then the dear drawer organizers.  Sigh.  They truly are my bff organizing supplies.


They keep everything from rolling around and the guarantee the whole desk drawer won't become a messy slew of random items.  So there is another tip for you, by keeping your items containerized in your desk or drawers, it's nearly impossible to add new without taking away old or rearranging.  When everything has a place, it's easy to put things back where they belong.  Then, the crazy messy hodge podges never happen.  Well, in theory they shouldn't happen I guess!

Down below is the computer tower:


Nothing too exciting going on there, I just keep a cord run through on the shelf as the perfect station to charge up the iPad.

I keep a blanket and winter boots near at all times, because, wow, it's cold down there and my toes can barely take it.


Everything is coming together nicely.  Until I turn my head and look over at my work table....


In the spirit of "keepin' it real" for you, yes, I have a huge mess and it's a miracle I can find anything at the moment... ugh.


I still have bags on the floor and we absolutely have to come up with a bunch of storage for all my work supplies and tools.  Catalogs, paper, laminating supplies, binders, mailing supplies, oh my.

So for now, I will just face forward and enjoy the newly organized desk space, and pretend like those pile monsters behind me are just friendly happy purring kittens instead.


Anyone else been tackling their desk drawers?  Or any drawers?  We all know that I can't get enough acrylic drawer organizers, what one organizing product is your must have all time fav?

0 comments:

Post a Comment