Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, August 5, 2011

Info Post
It's time.

Time for this blog to head towards some changes.  Some updates.  Some freshening.


Over the next couple of months you will notice that IHeart Organizing is getting a facelift!!! 

I figure, an organizing blog should be, well, ORGANIZED!  And it is fairly organized, however, it could be better.  And there are many areas that need some major updating and maintenance.  And just like I get excited to tackle a room or cabinet in my house, I CAN'T WAIT to get started on this blog, which is like a second home to me!


New Header/Logo? 
Probably.  New colors?  Some.  New writer?  No way, come on peeps!



Here is what I am thinking, the categories, need major fixing.  There are too many, time to streamline those a bit.  I would love to do a better project gallery and more before and afters.  I have plans to make it easier to contact me and find me through social networks.  Like Twitter.  Yes, I joined Twitter.  Now, I just need to figure out how to use it... and to update and post more often!  I would like more consistent topic posts.  I like that I post reader spaces on Wednesdays, and giveaways on Tuesdays.  But I would like more consistency in other topics, like, "You Asked" and "Items IHeart" and "Got 15?"


I no longer want to run a separate blog for our family.  I don't update it enough because I update this one more.  So, because a lot of my friends and family read this blog, I will introduce some more family.  But not too much, not overkill.  Just enough.  I love to read other blogs in which I can get to know their families a bit as well, because it ties into their projects and their passion and drives what they do.  I am no different.  I organize based on the needs of our family and our lifestyle.  I will plan to categorize my family posts so you can choose to love us, or skip over us, it's totally up to you!  But I promise, they are a pretty fantastic clan worth knowing!


I need a tagline.  Who wants to come up with one for me??  I can't pay you to do it, other than by giving you oodles of virtual hugs.

My sponsors mean the world to me and this blog.  They are allowing me to run a full time blog.  There is no way for me to thank them enough for that.  They will continue to get an amazing shout out post which is great for you as well since we sneak in some discounts and there is always endless amounts of eye candy!

Real time blogging?  I love it.  It helps me finish a project all the way through {or I should say, the hubs since we like to call him Mr. 90%}  It shows that we do sometimes take on too much, or work on a project when we have another going on.  More importantly, it shows why we are working on what we are, and why we are organizing the way we are... and yes, we do get messy, I must show you more of that!



More you.  I love reader spaces.  I find so much inspiration from you.  I love that you take ideas you see here and run with them.  I love that you share your ideas with me and the readers.  I love it all.  And I love to do link parties to see what all you are up too and to be in awe of all of your ideas and talent.  I would love to begin to have more formal link parties.  Maybe one for re-purposing an item in your home to organize?  Like a monthly challenge?


More me.  How cool would it be to see more of me within my posts?  I love when I see the blogger actually in the process of doing something.  Makes it feel more "real".  Tripod maybe?  Not sure how I will be pulling this off.... lol

My Services!  I can't wait to begin expanding my printables shop.  It's truly my dream.  And I have busy working on Style Tiles for a few of you, so maybe a Style Tile gallery?  More writeups on the dilemma's and my solutions?

More freebies?  Absolutely.  That really needs to be happening more frequently!

Videos?  So now that I have this handy little flip cam, I think I need to use it.  Yes?  Light-bulb!  I have an idea for a post next week!

This is where I need your help.  I wouldn't be here without you.  This is YOUR blog too!  You keep this blog alive.  IHeart you and I want to keep you around for awhile!  A long while!  And I always take your opinions and thoughts very personally and consider each and every thing you mention.


So be honest.  And feel free to post anonymously if that's easier for you.  This blog is being updated soon so please make sure to input your thoughts to have a positive impact on the ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

1.  What do you love?  What don't you love?

2.  Link Parties?  Love em?  More of them?  What are good link party topics?  How many is too many?

3.  IHeart Organizing Tag Line anyone? PLEASE, I am begging you!  My creative brain has left the building.

4.  What topics would you like to see addressed on a regular basis?  {hot storage pieces?  quick organizing projects?  store crashing for organizing goods?  inspiration posts?  etc...}

5.  Better site navigation.  What would make it easier for you to pop around IHeart Organizing?

6.  Anything else you want to add? 

Thanks in advance for taking a moment to comment.  I am excited for the future of the blog!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment