Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Info Post
If today's post doesn't motivate you to go straight into your closet and get crazy excited to organize it, I don't know what will.  I know that's exactly what I did when I saw the submission pop into my inbox.  Straight to the closet, crazy excited to make it even better.  So THANK YOU Carly for being so inspirational!

Carly wrote to me to share lovely photos of her closet space, and even better yet, some super simple tips for getting it that way AND maintaining it!


Hi Jen!

I am such a huge fan of your blog and as a fellow organizing addict I love seeing how you organize your household, it always gives me such inspiration and great ideas for mine.

I also saw that you are looking for Reader Space stories and I would be truly over-the-moon if you'd consider me. I recently reorganized my closet and have lots of tips on how I stay on top of my clothes closet clutter.  Here is the story of my closet for your review and consideration.


Staying on top of clothes clutter can be a struggle, but I have a few easy tricks that have helped me immensely. 



First, I don't have a ton of clothes. I read a long time ago that people only wear about 20% of their wardrobe, so with that in mind I limit what I buy to ensure I do get good wear out of what I own. I'm also pretty ruthless when it comes to purging. One of my biggest clothes-closet-clutter-control tips is to set a number of hangers allowed in your closet and never add a new one; so when you add new clothes to your closet something will have to go in order to make room. I also do the same with my shoes. I have a certain number of storage boxes and spots for my shoes so if I add a new pair and old pair will have to go.





I also love to group my clothes; on the left side is my dressier stuff, on the right is my every day, and in the middle are sweaters, t-shirts and lounge wear. Having everything grouped makes it quick to find what you need when you need it.




Another trick I use, I always have a shopping bag in my closet so when I come across something I don't wear anymore, or doesn't fit right, or I just need to make room for something new, I toss the old item in the bag and once it's filled I immediately put it in my car and the next time I'm out I drop the bag off at Goodwill.

Hoping you have a truly beautiful day,
Carly


Her last tip about leaving a shopping bag right in her closet for donations... I believe it's one of the best pieces of organizing advice EVER!

I am so glad Carly shared her closet space, but I am feeling a little greedy.  I want MORE!  So, I scoured her blog {and asked her permission of course}, for even more organizing eye candy.   I was blown away by all I found so I just had to share!  Ready for this?












What did I tell you?  A-MAZ-ING!

And can I just say, that this blog has been so great for me to share my love and passion for family, home, life and organization, but it's also been the most fantastic tool for me to meet amazingly incredible blog friends.  Which really explains why I am always sporting a perma-grin!

Thanks again to Carly for letting me share her incredible organizing {and photography} talent today!

So who is already digging through posts over on Carly's blog, Perfectly Pretty, and loving what they are finding?  What's your favorite tip from the closet advice she shared?  Anyone excited to take on organizing their own personal closet anytime soon?






ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and un-editted.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!  More Info HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment