Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, November 7, 2011

Info Post
We MOVED!

Big big weekend here.

It's been over a year since our lower level flooded and we started the renovation process.  And for that last year we had taken over our guest room

Well, this weekend, we moved out of our guest room and back down stairs into our previous master bedroom!  Major smiles all around!

As you recall, we had created a dressing room during our reno process, and when I last updated you, we had just sprung for some wardrobes:


And this weekend, I got to FILL them!

We also had added a dresser to the space to bring in some additional storage.  Our previous dresser will remain up in the guest room.


I can't wait to make over that dresser.  It's screaming to be messed with....

But how did I organize it you ask?

Well, I started by making the decision to share the top drawer with the hubs.  We had gotten a couple of sock organizers from the Container Store, and it made the most sense to just use an entire drawer to hold them. 


It's amazing how many spaces there actually are to fill.  And how little we really had to put in them.  Plenty of room to spare!  And I was a little nervous to share a drawer with the hubs, this is a total first for us after 12 years living together, but day two and we are still holding strong.

The next drawer I just used some clear drawers to hold my swimwear and pj bottoms.


When it came to organizing my wardrobe, oh my lanta did that have way more space than I could have asked for.  It almost looks funny to me... like I need to purchase more clothes?  Just kiddin.


I am going to try and find a solution for my sweaters/chunky cardigans, another shelf or insert of some sort would be good....  All of my shirts and dresses are hung on the other side:


My verdict on the slim velvet hangers?  LOVE them!  They are fantastic.  The hold the clothes so nicely in place and are so super slim.  I may never go back to plastic hangers again!  The baskets on the top shelf hold scarves and under garments.  And we popped some standard shoe organizers we already had into the bottoms to add extra storage, they fit like a glove!


It feels AMAZING to have everything so organized!  And we have already done some laundry and putting everything away was so easy!  That's my favorite part!


As far as the master bedroom goes, so far, just our bed and nightstands live in there... well and a little monkey jumping on the bed!


It is so exciting to reclaim our old space again.  And to feel like we are finally using it to it's fullest potential!

Anyone else do some furniture moving this weekend?  Any of you brave enough to share a drawer with your partner?

0 comments:

Post a Comment