Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Info Post
Yesterday when I showed my super easy table setting idea, you may have also noticed another fun piece in the background...


Those super sweet candle holders weren't always so sweet....


That's right, I started out with three plain glass vases, found at the dollar store for $1 each.

I used my Silhouette to cut out some 12 x 12 pieces of cardstock in a fun pattern.  You can also find cutout paper in craft stores or you could go at it with scissors, just like you would if you were making a snowflake.  Paper doilies work too!

Then, I just wrapped the cutout paper around the vase and affixed it with a small dab of hot glue.

I could have just let them be at this point, they already went from drab to fab!



I wanted to take things one step further though, just to add a little extra special touch.  I snagged some glass frosting spray:


And followed the directions on the side of the can, giving the vases two light coats of the spray, waiting about an hour in-between coats.

I decided to leave the paper on the vases with the frosted glass... I really adore the look!



In fact, I made them for the Thanksgiving table, but now they remain as my every day table pieces!


I had so much fun dollar store decorating this year!  

So what do you think?  Anyone else experimenting with glass frosting spray lately?  How about any DIY candle displays that are sticking around for good?

0 comments:

Post a Comment