Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, November 28, 2011

Info Post
We hosted our first Thanksgiving feast this year!  It was a small intimate gathering, but I still wanted to do a couple of quick and easy table decorating projects to go that extra mile.  And they were all things that could be relevant year round so I thought I would share a couple of them with you throughout the week.


The first one was inspired by Mr. Pinecone.


We have all seen pinecones.  But have you ever really examined a pinecone?  The bottom of a pinecone specifically.  It looks almost like a flower to me, and I adore it!


I thought the flower part of the pinecone would look pretty fantastic hot glued to my standard napkin ring, just to give it a little more character.

We tried all sorts of ways to cut off the bottom of the pinecone; scissors, serrated knife and wire snips, but ultimately had to resort to a miter box and saw.


That was the hardest part.  The last step was to dab some hot glue on the bottom of the pinecone flower and attach it to a napkin ring!


Because I already had the napkin ring holders and found the pinecones at the dollar store, the cost of the project was one whole dolla for six updated napkin ring holders!


Pretty festive eh?  I am super crazy excited about quick, easy and cheap projects that add a splash to the table!  And the best part is that it doesn't have to be permanent since hot glue is notorious for coming off of glass and smooth finishes nice and easy when you don't want to use it anymore.

Anyone else host a big feast this year?  How did it all go down?  Was there a table setting piece that was the topic of conversation or that you tried out for the first time, and it was a show stopping success?  Do share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment