Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Info Post
How many of you have been faced with this dilemma?


I am pretty sure this is a common sight for many.  But today's reader whipped up a super adorable project to organize this play food mess, and I couldn't wait to show you!


Holly wrote:

Hi Jen!

Every since Christmas, I have been hunting for a play food storage solution.  I love play food just as much as my daughters do, so we have tons!  After Christmas it only got worse, so I knew something needed to be done.  Sadly, that before photo is not even all of it.  Most of our play food is Melissa & Doug, which I am thankful that most of the time they provide cute little wooden containers.... but, they don't stack!  So as cute as they are, they do us no good.  Also, I can hardly expect my one and two year old kiddos to put them into their respective containers each time we clean up.  So here is what we did!

We found a simple storage crate with drawers at JoAnn Fabrics, I am pretty sure I have seen similar ones at Michaels.  They are priced at $30 so with their typical 50% off coupon it can be scored for just $15!  I did some light sanding and just painted it.  Easy peasy.  You could leave it unfinished if you wished, I just took some tips from you after falling in love with your striped magazine files, and taped off the drawers with some painters tape to create the stripes!

It ended up fitting all of our play food with room to spare!  We keep it simple so that the kiddos can help clean up... so one drawer is "soft"/plush play food, and then the bottom two drawers are for their wooded play food.  It's truly the little things that make a mommy happy... because the things that make me happiest about this project is that all the play food is not STIFFED into the little fridge {to pour out each time they open it} and that it is now concealed into some cute storage!  The fact that my little ones can help clean it up also doesn't hurt a bit!

Thanks!
Holly
http://www.babysteps365.blogspot.com/

You have seen the before photo, so lets take a peek at the storage crate she snagged for a great deal:


And after it was all prettied up with some painted stripes?



Is it weird that I am sitting here all alone, grinning ear to ear as I gaze at my screen?  You all make me so happy I can't stand it!  I LOVE THIS!

  • She scored amazing storage for just $15 by using a store coupon!  Way to be thrifty!
  • It's simple.
  • The paint job instantly takes it from so drab to beyond fab!  Those stripes make my heart skip a happy beat!
  • This project does not need to be specific to play food.  It could be used in a bathroom, closet or in the playroom for any other type of toy!  Snag a couple and line them up for even more storage!  

Insanely adorable right?  Anyone else been snagging up some great unfinished wood pieces from the craft store, and giving them new life?  What other fun playroom projects do you all have going on?



ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!  More info HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment