Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, May 3, 2012

Info Post
Now that spring is in full swing, we are in full swing as well.  As in, we are running here and there and traveling for sports and classes and leagues.  That means that it will become even more challenging to squeeze in extra time for my favorite hobby of organizing and DIY.

So, to give myself some goals and keep me on DIY track, I thought I would do a quick walk through of our home and make a note of projects I am itching to tackle over the next couple of months.

Here they are in no particular order:


There are actually three dressers on this list.  That's right, THREE!  I don't know why I have been putting any of them off for as long as I have, but they are all gonna get a makeover!

Dresser number one is this one in our dressing room....


It is probably one of the very few pieces of IKEA furniture that we own that I have yet to "hack".  But it will be modified, and it will be far better than the plain white piece that it is right now.



Still in the dressing room, project number two is to address the "vanity" situation...


The old computer desk is far too small for the space and the mirror is hung too high {since it was originally above the dresser which was later moved}.  This may be as simple as a furniture switcharoo, however I would also love to tackle adding some extra vanity lighting and maybe make some updates to the mirror as well.



Since we are on the topic of vanities, I may as well bring up problem/project number three.  Our main bathroom vanity...


From a distance it may look charming, but it is totally not my style and is quite dated.  In fact, that is my opinion of the entire bathroom, but I am just going to focus on the vanity for now.

Lets take a closer look at part of the problem:


It's nicked, cracked and you can see where the paint around the drawer pull is pealing away because my darling kidlets have made the choice to skip using their step stool and go right for climbing on the drawer pulls...



Dresser number two on the project tour is in our oldest son's bedroom.


This green piece was in our guest room for quite awhile, and then it was moved to Preston's room since it is a nice, large, sturdy piece of furniture.  The colors just aren't working for his space and the finish needs a little love, so I am imagining a good sanding and fresh coat of paint, maybe a fun treatment of some sort.  There are all sorts of ideas swimming around in my brain, it's a matter of picking one and getting it done!



Project five is going to happen in the boy's shared bedroom.


Those headboards are too "jail cell" feeling to me.  They need some softening up and I have the perfect upholstery project planned.



Our exterior looks so pretty from a distance...


But in all reality, it's lacking and dirty and needs a lot of love.


The door wreath is a good three years old and has lived through the harsh climates that Wisconsin brings and is typically the home to many birds throughout the year.  It has seen better days.  The door and planters are far too much white.  However, some paint, a broom and some pretty flowers should hopefully do the trick out front.


The last dresser on the project list is the infamous studio dresser!


That baby has been waiting patiently for some love and I am glad I didn't jump the gun on painting it because now that I finally have a fun color scheme happening in the lower level, I have the perfect dresser color selected and purchased!  I have a good feeling it's going to be a pretty fab before and after.  No pressure though right?



Speaking of studio and lower level.  The entire area needs to be updated with the same gray that we went with in the playroom...


The goal is to give the windowless areas a lighter, airy feeling.  I would love to also add wainscoting and a gallery wall and a fabulous rug.... ahh, if time and money were no object...



The last two are completely new projects and ideas that need to be brainstormed and created.  Number nine is to add wall to wall storage and a corner workspace in the back corner of the studio for order processing and crafting.  Here is what I have in mind:




Last but not least, another project that is in early brainstorming phases is a cubby system for the boys.  I mentioned that we may do something in the garage... or I may decide to try and add something inside if I can get my brain to work in creative ways.  All I know is, each boy needs a place to stash their study boxes, their backpacks, their boots, hats and mittens and their charging stations for their travel electronics.  One happy central place...

{source}


So there you have it!  Hopefully this list will keep me on track!  Which of these are you most excited for and which one would you pick for me to start on and share first?  What is on your spring/summer project list?


0 comments:

Post a Comment