Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, May 25, 2012

Info Post
When I started blogging two and a half years ago, one of the main intentions was to not only keep friends and family updated on our DIY home projects and organizing tips and tricks, but to also share updates on my blogging journey.  Many days I get so wrapped up excited to share organizing projects, house updates and amazing things I find that you all do, that I don't stop and take a moment to share all of the extremely important milestones {and even the hard moments} that are happening along the way.

This last month I have had the pleasure to be included in a quite a few fabulous features.  One really fun opportunity was hosting Nickelodeon's ParentsConnect.com Spring Cleaning Party!


My kid's thought I was the coolest mom EVER to be contacted by Nickelodeon, and although the day is over, you can still pop on over and read all sorts of tidbits about how we have fun with spring cleaning and ways we even get our kids involved.  It was a really fun experience and I had a blast reading the responses from the readers that participated in the days events!


I am also proud to share that I was included on a list of amazing home and DIY blogs!


When you get a spare second {or many spare seconds}, I highly recommend checking out "the list".  I am blushing to be included with so many of my most favorite bloggers, and I think it's fantastic that so many great links are located in one central place!


Because I am a nerdy small town girl, being noticed and mentioned by a celebrity is a pretty surreal moment.


My husband fell in love with me all over again when he found out that his high school 90210 crush mentioned my artwork display project on her blog


Another sweet moment for me this last month was being contacted by the kind folks over at BHG!  Consider me smitten to be a new "Pinning Pro" over on their Pinterest pages, which means I have the opportunity to pin directly to their really inspirational boards which you can find here and here.
 

Yes, I am still pinching myself, Better Homes & Gardens is my fav magazine ever so this is quite the honor!


And speaking of pinch me moments combined with my favorite magazine, I was also invited to be a contributor on the new Better Homes and Gardens Style Spotters Blog!


I have been reading Better Homes and Gardens magazine since I was 7, so to be asked to now contribute to their site can go down as one of the coolest moments throughout this whole blogging journey.  Just look at these lovely ladies!  It sure is a pretty incredible group of fellow bloggers to spot styles with!


Yeah... I am still wrapping my brain around the awesomeness...

The new blog focuses on some really great categories, such as DIY-ifyFrom Runway to Color Palette, Get the Look, I Spy and Just In.  You can find my first post here, in which I get to spot and source storage solutions within a beautiful space.  Isn't the inspiration photo incredible?

{source}

I know I have said it before, but I don't get to say it enough, so THANK YOU my dear friends for all of your continuous daily support!  None of these "blog proud" moments would have happened without you keeping this blog alive.  I am one blessed gal and so very grateful to have you all to call my friends.  Two years ago when I started blogging, I never thought it would grow to what it is today.  Before I get too mushy and sappy, I will move on...

Can you believe the holiday weekend is already here?  We are looking forward to unplugging and spending time together as a family.  It also means that there are only a few weeks left and the kiddos will be home from school for the summer!  I honestly can't wait for all of the summer fun {and projects too} that we have planned!  Blogging may slow down a smidge as I focus on the boys being home full time during the next couple of months, however, I have all sorts of exciting ideas up my sleeve and will still be popping in a few times per week with organizing goodness.  Of course I also have a slew of fab giveaways lined up and you always leave me speechless with your inspiring reader spaces {so keep on submitting!!}

So what are you up to this weekend?  Are you ready for summer to get here already?  What "pinch me" moments have you had lately?



Psssst....  I typically don't watch my numbers/stats very closely, but I can't help but notice and mention the incredible milestone of hitting 25,000 Facebook fans and rolling twenty million page views this week!   Such an overwhelming feeling of butterflies in my tummy.  Chock that up as one more "pinch me now" moments for the month.  Wow, I do heart the month of May!

0 comments:

Post a Comment