Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Info Post
One thing I love to do oh so much, is give something old and dated, a whole new purposeful life!  Whether a piece of furniture or a leftover soup can, anything I can turn into functional and pretty storage is a giant win for me!  So imagine my excitement when I received a note from Jennifer looking for ideas for her old component cart.


Jenn wrote:

I have this old stereo component cabinet that my 8 year old wants to use for storage in his bedroom; however, it is SO UGLY.  Do you have any advice for me on what this can be used for??  It does not have to be for my son.  It can be for any room of the house.  The front and top are glass and both open.

I love your blog and all your creative, organizational ideas.  I am a loyal reader everyday.

Thanks for any advice that you might have.

Jenn


Nothing better than taking something ugly and making it beautiful and functional!  Here is the component cabinet in question:


There is no doubt that the cabinet needs a little love, but with a little paint and primer and maybe even some decorative paper and cool casters, it just may be the little cabinet that could.

When thinking about using it in a child's bedroom, my first thought was maybe as a side table to hold books!

{source}
Or a great place to stash games!

{source}

I love that she mentioned that it really could be used anywhere in the home.  Oh the possibilities!

What about in the kitchen as a baking cart?

{source}

Or beverage cart?

{source}
Possibly a serving station:

{source}

Maybe in a home office as a laptop/printer/bill paying station?


{source}

Or as a craft cart!

Add caption

And with a lot of creativity, maybe it could even be transformed into a super sweet wrapping station!

{source}

Is it weird that a little piece of me wants to hop onto Craigslist to find an old component cabinet to makeover?  And to think we donated ours years ago without thinking through all of the potential first.

Thanks to Jenn for writing in!  Who has been giving new storage life to really old and dated furniture?  Any other suggestions or ideas for Jenn?


0 comments:

Post a Comment