Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, June 23, 2011

Info Post
As I mentioned earlier this week, I was chosen to participate in Apartment Guide's "Smart Storage Solutions: Control the Clutter" Blogger Challenge.  Speaking of, did you go over and enter to win the $50 gift card they are giving away to the Container Store?  Because you totally should!


Anywho, they are supplying me with $150 to get a space uber organized and functional.  I got to pick the zone to tackle, and I instantly knew where I would invest the moola.  

Remember the boy's bedroom I was working on last month?


Well, as we took out the GIANT bunkbeds that contained not only two beds, but a dresser and desk as well, we were left with next to nothing in the "storage" department.

Sure, we are on our way, we already started a great closet install, but there are still toy piles forming around the bedroom, art supplies coming out of our ears and spaces screaming to be utilized {like under those tall beds!}



So how am I going to make the most of storage and clutter control in this itty bitty bedroom space?   Here is my plan:



1.  I am hoping to add one of these skinny bookcases along with the extension to the top, and cap it with some molding, right in-between the two beds.  This will provide floor to ceiling storage {floor for toys and art and ceiling for collectables and figures}

2.  On each side of the bookcase, I would like to install these reading/wall lamps, since we enjoy reading in bed at night, and we will be moving the lamp that is currently bedside.

3.  To utilize the bookshelf for toys and games, I am planning on adding a couple espresso milk crate baskets paired with some chalk board labels.

4.  The kids would absolutely benefit with some sort of art caddy and they can get pretty pricey so I am all about trying to DIY our own.  I am thinking of using a caddy like this one, painting it out and pairing it with some small red buckets like these.  If for some reason the buckets don't fit in the caddy, we will be onto plan B.  I have also seen oodles of cute utensil caddy's that would also double as great art totes for kiddos.

5.  The kid's REALLY need underbed storage.  I am hoping to use these as inspiration to DIY our own out of our leftover dresser drawers from the dresser we removed.  Chalkboard paint plus reinforced drawers plus casters = tons of extra storage!

6.  Back to art storage, these boxes will be a great way to corral drawing pads and coloring books on the new bookcase shelves.

7.  Thank you Pinterest, you have inspired me again!  Spice racks for bookshelves is the cutest book storage solution I have seen.  Can't wait to give it ago!

8.  Stuffies.  We paired them down the best that we could for our garage sale, now we have to store the rest.  Love the idea of using one of these Strapping Totes, in red, exactly for that purpose!

The combination of all these ideas and supplies should stack up to an extremely organized shared bedroom zone, and we couldn't be more excited to get started!  Stay tuned as we put the room together and share the storage solutions as they come to life!

What are you doing to organize and get creative with storage in your little ones bedroom's?



Apartment Guide is owned by Consumer Source, Inc. Apartment Guide partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its “Smart Storage Solutions: Control the Clutter” Blogger Challenge.  As part of that program, I received compensation.  They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used for the “Smart Storage Solutions: Control the Clutter” Blogger Challenge. Apartment Guide and Consumer Source believe that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Consumer Source’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment