Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Info Post
As I mentioned yesterday, the kiddos planned a little bake sale/lemonade stand for during the garage sale.  This was a great way to keep them occupied and all week they kept on asking when they were going to get to have "their sale".  I loved how enthusiastic and excited they were about the whole thing, it made it boatloads of fun!


The idea actually sparked awhile back when I saw the cutest "Lemonade" stand items at our Target store.  I could have snagged up everything from the napkins, cups, signs and scoops, however, I just went for one simple $1.50 banner and decided to DIY the rest!  I think I was about as excited about the stand as the kids {or more?!}

We started out by using our outdoor dining table and covering it with a table cloth {on clearance at Target for under $5, which I cut the center out of so we could pop the umbrella inside}, and stringing the "Lemonade" banner across the front with some push pins:


We decided ahead of time the items that the kiddos wanted to include in the sale, so I whipped up a little menu for the customers:


And popped the menu into a frame to keep on the table for reference:


Then we baked and baked and baked some more!  Cookies, cupcakes, muffins galore!


The hardest part was staying away from all the treats while working the garage sale!


A plastic pencil box was their "cash register"


And some drink dispensers we already had on hand were perfect to offer up an ice cold glass of lemonade or water!


The smarties also wanted to sell "Smarties", however, I think they mainly just ate them and gave them away!


The setup made it easy peasy for them to run their little business for the day!




I don't even know how much they made, our oldest, Preston, was in charge of the change and it was so much more about the experience of working together than raking in any money!  The littles were great at eating serving up the treats!

Anyone else planning a lemonade stand with their munchkins this summer?  Any fun stories about having your own lemonade stand as a kid?  I never had one growing up which is why I think I had so much fun with this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment