Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, June 27, 2011

Info Post
Should I be nervous that one of the first projects I decided to tackle in the boy's bedroom "Control the Clutter Challenge" didn't go exactly as planned?


Um.... let me think.... NO!  It went BETTER than planned!  And it often happens that I have a great idea and implementing get's switched up due to resources and availability and sometimes practicality. 

I originally thought when making the boy's their art caddy for their bedroom, that I would use a combination of pails and a wooden cutlery caddy.  But before I even got there, I found a utensil caddy at Target for $11.99 {which was my back-up plan anyway}, and I knew it was by far the best solution and would be moved to my main plan!

Target had a plethora of utensil caddy's in their summer seasonal section, and the caddy's were a GREAT size to be used as a caddy for far more than just utensils!


Uh oh.  You see that painters drop cloth under it?  What could that possibly mean?


I have to use up all that extra chalk board paint some how!  One little project at a time!  This one really couldn't be more perfect for chalk board paint though, I mean it's a kid's art caddy after all!!



Talk about an easy peasy project!  Painting was fun, but more fun ensued when it was time to fill it up with all the kiddos randomly placed art supplies!


The divided portions of the caddy are great for keeping markers, crayons and color pencils in their respective sections!



I snagged some small canning jars for the other odd shaped crafting items:


And tucked those inside the other side of the caddy:


Along with scissors, paint, glue and wiggly eyes!  You can't have an art caddy without wiggly eyes!!


The end result is something that I can tuck up on a shelf in the boys room, and they can easily snag it and carry it to the kitchen table or floor to work on their creative crafty projects!  Score, 1 point MOM!


OK, time to spill a secret.  I picked up two more of those utensil caddy's for two more organizing projects that I can't wait to share!  Any guesses as to what they might be?

What other ways have you been whipping up fantastic art storage for your little artists? 



Apartment Guide is owned by Consumer Source, Inc. Apartment Guide partnered with bloggers such as me to participate in its “Smart Storage Solutions: Control the Clutter” Blogger Challenge.  As part of that program, I received compensation.  They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products used for the “Smart Storage Solutions: Control the Clutter” Blogger Challenge. Apartment Guide and Consumer Source believe that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Consumer Source’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment