Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, June 20, 2011

Info Post
It's totally funny when you have an idea in mind that goes way wrong for the better.  Seriously, happens to me ALL the time!  I come up with a crazy off the wall idea, get home to implement only to find out that my "GREAT" idea, isn't so great.

But the best part is when the great idea turned bad idea get's turned into an even better idea!

I started out with a plan to add some labels to the shelves in my kitchen cabinets, since the food cabinet has a tendency to get a little out of control.  I wanted to categorize the shelves to hold different types of foods, and allow my family to easily take out and put items back.  Of course this all started the weekend of the bake sale for the lemonade stand when the hubs grabbed some cookie mix from one shelf and didn't know about the other kind that was on another shelf.  I know, someone call 911 right?  We were without chocolate chip cookies at the bake sale, and I know it was a life changer... OK, kidding, but it did prove the point that the hubs cabinets needed a little guidance.

So I started out with these pretty label holders I found at JoAnn.


I was just going to screw them into the shelf fronts and categorize, however, when I held them up, even the narrow ones were a smidge too big and just wouldn't look right.  Enter sad face.

That's where the idea went bad.  But then, I remembered that I had scored a couple of baskets on sale at Michael's for $2.99 each that I was also going to use in the cabinets to corral some of the items!




To attach the label holder to the basket, I just poked a small hole through the basket with a screw, and used a pretty decorative scrapbooking brad to pop through the label/basket:


Then, I determined the contents for each basket and printed out labels:


I couldn't wait to get them back into the cabinets!!



The baskets fit perfectly inside the cabinet, and now I know the contents thanks to the great labels {since I am a shorty and can't actually see the insides of the baskets}



Of course, I had a little helper!  The kitchen is one of his favorite places so he had to supervise to make sure the project was kid friendly!


The end result made me smile big, since I knew it was easy, better than my original plan and simple to maintain going forward!  Love when that happens!!


Let's talk about success stories!  Have you ever had an idea go completely south, before it became an incredible end result?


0 comments:

Post a Comment